AAKP will present a September 5, 2018 HealthLine webinar on Prepping and Staying Safe During Emergencies. Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7744112574633446145.
Today’s conference call on the CY2019 ESRD PPS Proposed Rule, impacting PY2021-24, was recorded. The audio will appear on https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/NPC/National-Provider-Calls-and-Events-Items/2018-08-14-ESRD-QIP.html in about two weeks, though the comment period for this proposed rule will expire two weeks after that, on September 10, 2018. The slides from the call are thorough and available now, from https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/NPC/Downloads/2018-08-14-ESRD-QIP-Presentation.pdf.
A proposal we haven’t mentioned before, is that new facilities will begin QIP reporting in their fourth month of operation rather than their first month (slide 31). The slides also include timelines and resources. The call did not include questions, as listeners were directed to use the Federal Register comment process, which is detailed on the slides. For more information on the Proposed Rule, see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/9-10-qip-py2021-24-correction/ and the chain of previous posts that it links to.
CMS will present an August 15, 2018 Open Door Forum (national conference call) on Sharing Federal Strategies to Address the Opioid Epidemic. For details see https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/ODFSpecialODF.html (August 1, 2018 entry) and https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/Downloads/08152018SODFAgenda.pdf.
The ESRD National Coordinating Center will present three additional August QIA Learning and Action Network webinars:
- Home Modality August 14, 2018; see https://esrdncc.org/en/events/20182/august-20182/home-modality-qia-lan/?date=8/1/2018.
- Transplant August 21, 2018; see https://esrdncc.org/en/events/20182/august-20182/transplant-qia-lan/?date=8/1/2018.
- Patient Experience of Care August 22, 2018; see https://esrdncc.org/en/events/20182/august-20182/patient-experience-of-care-peoc-lan/?date=8/1/2018.
The ESRD NCC calendar is kept at https://esrdncc.org/en/events/.
Northwest Renal Dietitians have announced their 2019 Annual Conference, to be held March 7-8, 2019 in Portland OR. Topics intended so far include cardiac dysfunction, change motivation, diabetes management, and an evening networking event. For details see https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/412302_a994fa9b56104e058440b04e5eeab527.pdf.
- Online-only registration will be January 15-February 15, 2019, with a late fee after February 15; see https://www.nwrdonline.org/registration.
- Until December 31, 2018:
- Room discounts at the Conference venue will be available until February 15, 2019; see https://www.nwrdonline.org/accommodations for details.
To follow all Conference details as they develop, see https://www.nwrdonline.org/conference-overview. Volunteers are welcome and appreciated. NWRD includes renal dietitians from British Columbia, as well as the five Network 16 states. There is no NWRD membership fee.
NKF Council on Renal Nutrition News
The Washington State Council on Renal Nutrition and the Oregon Council on Renal Nutrition, regional affiliates of the NKF Council on Renal Nutrition, are merging by January 1, 2019 to become the Northwest Council on Renal Nutrition, NWCRN. NWCRN will be open to all renal dietitians in Network 16 – Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. The Oregon Council has closed, and until the new NWCRN website is available, any Network 16 dietitian may join the Washington State Council, at https://sites.google.com/site/washrenalnutrition/home/membership.
The Washington State Council holds bimonthly meetings, the last two of which in 2018 will be held in Seattle or by webinar on:
- October 4, 2018 – Alkali Treatment in CKD
- December 5, 2018 – Research for Dietitians
For more information see https://sites.google.com/site/washrenalnutrition/home, or email email@example.com. Volunteers are welcome and appreciated. Handouts and minutes from past meetings are available at https://sites.google.com/site/washrenalnutrition/past-meetings.
Donate Life Northwest is dedicated to helping transplant candidates maintain hope while waiting for an available matching kidney. They offer training to volunteers for various situations. Their upcoming training, volunteering, and celebration schedule includes:
- August 14, 2018 – School Speaker training in Portland OR
- August 15, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Bend OR
- August 16, 2018 – School Speaker training in Portland OR
- September 4, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Portland OR
- September 8, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Vancouver WA
- September 8, 2018 – Donor Family Picnic in Salem OR
- September 13, 2018 – School Speaker training in Eugene OR
- September 13, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Eugene OR
- September 16, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Portland OR
- September 23, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Portland OR
- November 7, 2018 – Lifesavers Breakfast
For more details, see https://mailchi.mp/donatelifenw.org/sharing-hope-this-summer. This web page also introduces their new Latino Outreach Coordinator, Donor stories in English and Spanish, winners of their recent raffle, and information on including Donate Life Northwest in your estate, insurance, or financial plans.
Dialysis Patient Citizens will present an August 16, 2018 webinar on Home Dialysis: Is It Your Best Treatment Option? Register at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/.