In addition to the CDC resources, several other sources have contributed useful tools on Ebola and other types of infection.
- The American Society of Nephrology has added an Ebola session to its ASN Kidney Week 2014 agenda, which will take place November 14, 2014. For details on this and other ASN-recommended tools, see http://www.asn-online.org/news/2014/1017-ebola.aspx.
- The ASN Ebola page above includes a link to their detailed 9-page pdf on “FAQs Regarding Ebola Virus Disease and Dialysis.” Find this directly at https://www.asn-online.org/news/2014/ASN_FAQs_Ebola_Virus_Disease_and_Dialysis.pdf.
- The American Nephrology Nurses’ Association has added a web page on “ANNA Ebola Update: Information and Resources,” at http://www.annanurse.org/article/ebola.
- The Kidney Community Emergency Response Coalition’s KCER Infection Prevention page links to many useful tools applicable to any infection, though Ebola adds special isolation requirements. See http://kcercoalition.com/resources/infection-prevention/.
- The KCER page includes links to two concise one-page summaries on…
- CDC Approach to BSI Prevention in Dialysis Facilities at http://www.cdc.gov/dialysis/PDFs/Dialysis-Core-Interventions-5_10_13.pdf
- Put Together the Pieces to Prevent Infections in Dialysis Patients at http://www.cdc.gov/dialysis/PDFs/Dialysis-provider_poster.pdf (English) and http://www.cdc.gov/dialysis/PDFs/Spanish-Dialysis-Provider_Poster.pdf (Spanish)