CMS Extends February 2015 Clinical Month Closure Date
CMS has extended the closure of the February 2015 clinical month from April 30, 2015 to May 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET. Facilities must finalize and submit ALL clinical data in CROWNWeb for February by this deadline. Required data includes February’s clinical information for each patient for:
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Vascular Access
Facilities must make sure that all patients with missing or saved clinical data are submitted by the deadline.
We’ve posted a copy of the April Network 16 News provider newsletter to our website at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html . It contains articles on…
and short notes on…
- Involuntary Discharge
- The May 6 CNSW meeting in Tualatin OR
- The September 25-27 AAKP National Patient Meeting in Nashville TN
- A Save-the-Date notice for the October 25 Network Annual Provider Meeting
To keep track of meetings and deadlines for facility staff and patients, monitor our Facility Calendar and Patient Calendar via the links at the top of this page.
We’ve added to the Network website a new poster/flyer for patients on Miss the Crunch? Try These Low-Salt Snack Ideas. Find the flyer at https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/mon.html .
A recording of the webinar on Eliminating Blood Stream Infection in Patients with a Dialysis Catheter: A Matter of Life and Death, presented on April 14 by the ESRD Network Coordinating Council, is now online at http://esrdncc.org/professionals/hai/ . CEs will be available for watching the recording. For details see http://esrdncc.org/dialysis-catheter-related-blood-stream-infections-webinar-available-online-april-23-2015/ . Find the original announcement at https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/ncc-webinar-on-catheter-bsi-414/ .
CMS has placed DFC measures from the April 2015 QDFC-Preview on the Dialysis Data website, for posting on Dialysis Facility Compare in July. Facilities may comment on them between May 1 and May 15, 2015 at https://www.dialysisdata.org/ .
The Kidney Health Initiative (KHI) is a collaboration between the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the American Society of Nephrology with the goal of fostering innovation in the care of kidney patients. KHI has invited patients, family, and care partners to participate in a series of webinars and conference calls to provide input to the FDA on patient preferences. If you’re interested, register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DMKPZLN for an introductory webinar, on
- Tuesday April 14, 2015 at 2-3 pm PDT
- Wednesday April 22, 2015 at 5-6 pm PDT
- Friday April 24, 2015 at 9-10am PDT
Register by the day before the webinar. Find out more about KHI at http://www.asn-online.org/khi/ . KHI has produced an introductory video, at http://www.asn-online.org/khi/patients.aspx?ID=2 .
The Renal Support Network presents their 13th Annual Essay Contest on the theme “How have you used your experiences to give hope to others with kidney disease?” First prize is $500. Entries are due by August 1, 2015. See http://www.rsnhope.org/essay-contest/ for full details.
The FDA has announced a recall of all sterile and non-sterile products compounded, repackaged, and distributed by Prescription Center Pharmacy of Fayetteville NC, because the business was closed by the state for failing to assure sterility, potency, and stability of the products they sold. The business distributed product to all fifty states. For details see http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm441046.htm .
AAKP has announced two new patient education conference calls in their HealthLine series:
- Learning About Living Donation – Trends in kidney transplantation, including options for living donation, and share updates, resources and guidance for potential recipients and donors. April 18, 2015, 2:30-3:30pm PDT. Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1107004065264006402 .
- Can We Slow the Progression of Kidney Disease? – A variety of ways that may help slow the progression of kidney disease, such as managing risk factors, understanding your condition and the importance of diet and exercise. May 19, 2015, 10:30-11:30am PDT. Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1314420337040857089 .
You can find recordings of previous HealthLine presentations at https://www.aakp.org/media-files/aakp-healthline.html .