CMS officially transitions its use of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) from ICD-9 to ICD-10 on October 1, 2015. For translating old codes to new ones, see the General Equivalent Mapping (GEMs) at http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/2015-ICD-10-CM-and-GEMs.html . A downloadable copy of the new Medical Evidence Form 2728 can be found at mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/CMS-2728-U3-07-2014.pdf .
CMS has recently announced the following…
- The “ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Code Sets Educational Tool” (ICN 900943) has been revised and is now available in downloadable format. It provides education on the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Edition, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM); ICD, Tenth Edition, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM); ICD, Tenth Edition, Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS); Current Procedural Terminology (CPT); and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code sets. It includes definitions and payment information for each code set.
- To help you prepare for the transition to ICD-10 on October 1, 2015, MLN Connects® videos are available on coding basics, testing, home health, and more:
- ICD-10 Coding Basics
- Coding for ICD-10-CM: More of the Basics
- Estimating the Impact of the Transition to ICD-10 on Medicare Inpatient Hospital Payments
- Medicare’s Testing Plan for ICD-10 Success
- Converting the Home Health Prospective Payment System Grouper to ICD-10-CM
- ICD-10: Implementation for Physicians, Partial Code Freeze, and MS-DRG Conversion Project
- The ICD-10 Medicare Fee-For-Service Provider Resources web page provides an exhaustive list of Medicare Learning Network® educational materials and related links.