We’ve updated our NHSN web page, including information on:
- Guide to the NHSN DE Surveillance BSI Standardized Infection Ratio (SIR) Measure – a new QIP measure
- BSI Rate by Access Type from NHSN DE data for 2014, revealing that
- Dialysis patients using a CVC are more than eight times more likely to experience a BSI than patients using an AVF
- How to Complete a DE Denominators Form
- Reporting Related DEs Together in NHSN
along with copies of recent NHSN newsletters. Find the Network NHSN page at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nhsn.html . We’ve also linked to the BSI SIR Guide from our QIP page at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/im/imqip.html .