CMS is seeking input from dialysis providers on potential best practices in screening for depression. If your facility or facilities screen for depression, please send an email to Network Patient Services Director Lisa Hall at LHall@nw16.esrd.net, with a brief answer to each of these questions:
- On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is great, how successfully do you feel the process you are using is working?
- Do you follow up after you’ve identified potential depression (yes or no)?
- Do you have any big success stories (yes or no)?
- What depression screening tool(s) are you currently using?
- Can we contact you for more information?
We’d like to hear from you even if you don’t feel that your depression-screening process is working particularly well, because your experience can help us evaluate all processes, and teach us whether a process that works great in one facility can work as well in other facilities. If you are able to send a brief response by Wednesday, November 18, we can carry the information to a meeting with CMS. If not, we’ll still appreciate the information.