CMS has filed a Proposed Rule, to be published in the June 30, 2016 Federal Register. The new Rule would modify terms of the ESRD QIP for PY2018-2020, provide payment for patients with acute kidney injury, and include many other changes. Comments on the Proposed Rule must be submitted by August 23, 2016.
Proposed changes to the ESRD QIP include:
- Revised technical specifications for the Hypercalcemia clinical measure in PY2018
- A new Patient Safety Domain encompassing an NHSN reporting measure and BSI clinical measure, valued at 15% of facility TPS in PY2019 and 10% in PY2020
- An SHR Standardized Hospitalization Ratio clinical measure for PY2020
- A new Ultrafiltration Rate reporting measure for PY2020
- Replacing the Mineral Metabolism measure with a new Serum Phosphorus reporting measure in PY2020
The Proposed Rule is summarized at https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2016-Fact-sheets-items/2016-06-24.html . The full Federal Register article, with instructions for commenting, can be found at https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/06/30/2016-15188/medicare-program-end-stage-renal-disease-prospective-payment-system-coverage-and-payment-for-renal .