Network 16 is seeking volunteers – patients or care partners – to represent the Network on two national committees:
ESRD National Coordinating Center’s Patient and Family Engagement Learning & Action Network:
- Volunteers are asked to commit to participating in scheduled conference calls and webinars, usually every month or every other month
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (Medicare) representatives are on the calls, providing an opportunity for volunteers to work closely with the federal government to improve patient care
- The patient representative with the highest level of participation (attendance) gets to travel to Baltimore for a national meeting of the committee
- Learn more about the committee at http://ncc.hshapps.com/en/patients/national-patient-and-family-engagement-lan-npfe-lan/.
- We need one patient from Idaho, and one from Montana
Kidney Community Emergency Response Coalition (KCER): This is a national group devoted to improving emergency preparedness and response for kidney patients and ESRD facilities. This involves quarterly conference calls. Learn more about the Coalition at http://www.kcercoalition.com/. We need two patients from any Network state – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.
Anyone interested should email Lisa Hall at LHall@nw16.esrd.net or call 206-923-0714.