The FKC/FMC Advanced Renal Education Program will present a December 10, 2020 Home Dialysis Workshop on Caring for the Heart with ESKD. The Workshop will be a roundtable of nephrologists. RNs, PA, and NPs can obtain two CE contact hours. You need not work for FKC to attend. Find more information and register at https://www.cvent.com/d/m7q54y.
The Renal Support Network has recently published audio podcasts for patients on:
● What Is Lupus? – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/what-is-lupus/.
● Transitioning to Home Dialysis – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/transitioning-home-dialysis/.
● Bacteria VS. Virus – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/bacteria-vs-virus/.
● Assessing Your Kidney Transplant Health – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/assessing-your-kidney-transplant-health/.
● Innovations in Kidney Care – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/innovations-in-kidney-care/.
● A Double-Transplant Survivor’s Story – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/valen-keefer-a-double-transplant-survivors-story/.
● Understanding the Five Stages of Kidney Disease – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/understanding-the-five-stages-of-kidney-disease/.
● Covid-19 and Organ Donation – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/covid-19-and-organ-donation/.
● Tips to Help the Search for a Living Kidney Donor – https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/advocating-for-a-living-kidney-donor/.
AAKP will present a May 14, 2019 webinar on Understanding Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT) – What is it? How can it be managed? Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8410471602615141899. Future HealthLine webinars will discuss Traveling While on Dialysis in June, and Exercise and Physical Rehabilitation in July. AAKP’s HealthLine page at https://aakp.org/aakp-healthline/ includes a link to their long list of past HealthLine webinars.
AAKP will present a May 17, 2018 HealthLine audio on What You Need to Know about Gout. For details, registration, and a link to past HealthLine audios see https://aakp.org/aakp-healthline/.