Northwest Renal Dietitians will hold their 2021 Annual Conference online March 4-5, 2021 on the theme Looking into the Future. Topics will include KDOQI Nutrition, Cannabis & CBD, Obesity, Soul Food, Malnutrition, Disparities, New Hyperkalemia Diet, Diabetes, Keto Diets, Bone Disease, the Future of Dialysis, and Attendee Tips for the Best Virtual Experience. Up to 14 CEUs will be available. The Deadline for submitting online posters and applications for online exhibitors or scholarships is December 31, 2020. Registration begins January 15, 2021. Find everything you need at https://www.nwrdonline.org/conference-overview.
Dialysis Patient Citizens will present an 11am PST November 19, 2020 webinar on Looking Out for the Caregiver: Understanding the People Who Care for Dialysis Patients. For details see below. Register at https://www.dpcedcenter.org/news-events/education-webinars/signup/?bblinkid=244466063&bbemailid=25295695&bbejrid=1697677768.
DPC will also host 11am PST webinars on Coping with the Holidays December 17, 2020; Advance Directives & Shared Decision-Making January 28, 2021; Nutrition and Exercise for the Immune System February 25, 2021; and The Empowered Patient: Taking Steps to Manage Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease March 25, 2021.
KDIGO has announced the publication of the 2020 Clinical Practice Guideline for Diabetes Management in CKD. The Guideline, the first on Diabetes and CKD, is introduced at https://kdigo.org/guidelines/diabetes-ckd/ . This web page also includes links to downloads of the full Guideline, an Executive Summary, and a Speaker’s Guide, plus three video presentations:
- A Meet the Experts Session featuring the authors of the Guideline.
- An Introduction to the Guideline by Work Group Chair Dr. Ian de Boer.
- The Guideline webinar, Looking at the Latest Evidence and Beyond, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBmLFryQ19k , recorded last December and repeated below:
Dialysis Patient Citizens will present a September 24, 2020 Spanish-language webinar on Manejando Mi Glucosa En Sangre Cuando Tengo Enfermedad Renal (Managing My Blood Glucose When I Have Kidney Disease), covering carbohydrates and their effect on blood glucose, how much carbs to eat, and how to avoid high and low blood glucose extremes. Find more information below, and register for this and future DPC webinars at https://www.dpcedcenter.org/news-events/education-webinars/.
Upcoming DPC webinars include:
- Things to Know About Medicare Advantage’s First Open Enrollment for Dialysis Patients – October 22, 2020,
- Looking Out for the Caregiver: Understanding the People Who Care for Dialysis Patients – November 19, 2020,
- Coping with the Holidays – December 17, 2020.
CDC will present two COVID-19 webinars, on diabetes and on healthcare disparities:
- July 28, 2020 – COVID-19 and Diabetes: The Importance of Prevention, Management, and Support. Find more information and register at https://emergency.cdc.gov/coca/calls/2020/callinfo_072820.asp.
- July 29,2020 – COVID-19 Response: Promising Practices in Health Equity, describing public health practices that can mitigate the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on racial and ethnic minorities, and can be integrated into longer-term strategies for lasting impact that will strengthen future response and advance health equity. Register at https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_gIBc8RWNQiuQdq8pRdObwA?deliveryName=USCDC_539-DM33060. Request more information at email@example.com.
AAKP and George Washington University will present their Second Annual Global Summit: Global Kidney Innovations – Expanding Patient Choices & Outcomes, online, on July 16-17, 2020. The full schedule (8-12 sessions per day plus evening webinars) will emphasize COVID-19 and Innovation, but many other topics as well. Find more information, including the detailed agenda, and register at https://aakp.org/programs-and-events/2nd-annual-global-summit-global-kidney-innovations-expanding-patient-choices-outcomes/.
The KDIGO 2020 Clinical Practice Guideline on Glomerular Diseases is being finalized, and last-minute comments are solicited. Find details and commenting instructions at https://kdigo.org/kdigo-direct-july-2020/.
This July issue of KDIGO Direct also includes articles on
- KDIGO Diabetes Management in CKD Guideline due for Publication in September 2020,
- Revised KDIGO Management of Blood Pressure in CKD Guideline due December 2020,
- The June 2020 KDIGO Nomenclature Report,
- KDIGO Webinars,
- Links to the KDIGO YouTube Channel and the KDIGO App.
Sign up for future issues of KDIGO Direct at https://kdigo.org/category/news/#.
KDIGO and the International Society of Nephrology will present a June 22, 2020 webinar on KDIGO Diabetes Guideline: Looking at the Latest Evidence and Beyond. The webinar will include segments on Living with Diabetes and CKD, Management of Diabetes in CKD, and Management of CKD in Diabetes. For more information and registration, see https://kdigo.org/register-today-for-the-kdigo-diabetes-guideline-webinar/.
KDIGO has released a series of recorded webinars and other presentations from their collaboration with the International Society of Nephrology, including videos of:
- Update on CKD Mineral Bone Disorder KDIGO Guidelines 2017
- Diagnosis and Management of Atrial Fibrillation and Heart Failure in Patients with CKD
- The Kidney and HIV: Implications for Treatment and Prevention
- Hepatitis C Guideline Update
- Dialysis Initiation, Modality Choice, & Prescription
- Coronary Artery & Valvular Diseases
- Blood Pressure in CKD
- Glomerular Disease
- AKI in 2019: What Has Changed since the KDIGO Guidelines in 2012?
- Blood Pressure and Volume Management in Dialysis
- Potassium Controversies
- Kidney Problems in Oncology
- Clinical Practice Guideline on the Management of Blood Pressure in CKD
- Kidney Transplantation and Cardiac Disease
- Clinical Practice Guideline: Diabetes Management in CKD
They plan to add at least four more this year. Find them all on the KDIGO-ISN YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7zHM_wBaPbQxRDJwyvqMg/videos.
NKF and Swedish Medical Center will present an April 25, 2020 four-hour workshop on Lifestyle & Kidney Health: Diet, Exercise, Weight Loss and Beyond. Topics will include nutrition, diabetes, blood pressure, fitness, and transplant preparation. Lunch will be provided. See below for full details: