My Employment Options will present a March 21, 2019 Resume Tips Workshop webinar. Topics include Formatting Tips For Resumes, How To Create Work At Home Resumes, How to Create Onsite Job Resumes, Gaps in Employment, and Career Changes. Register at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/webinar-registration-form/. My Employment Options also offers free job placement services for recipients of SSDI and SSI, including work at home. See https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/apply-now/ for details.
The US Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy offers a Job Accommodation Network (JAN) website that centralizes information on finding employment, and on employing people with disabilities. Their Kidney Disease page includes links to:
- A list of Accommodation Resources
- A list of relevant organizations
- Information for both individuals and employers
- Relevant publications, resources, searches, FAQs, trainings, and other topics
- Free technical assistance and confidential consultations
Find the JAN website at http://askjan.org/media/kidn.htm .
The Social Security Administration has announced the availability of a fact sheet summarizing changes to Social Security for 2015. Find it at http://www.ssa.gov/news/press/factsheets/colafacts2015.pdf.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) gives any citizen the right to request materials produced by government and its contractors in alternate formats, such as large print, Braille, audio CD, and the like. For information about the availability of alternate formats, auxiliary aids, and services, please visit https://www.medicare.gov/about-us/accessibility/accessibility-aids.html . CMS is currently expanding its ability to supply alternate formats. If you need Network materials or information in an alternative format, please contact CMS through one of the following methods:
- Email: AltformatRequest@cms.hhs.gov
- Phone: For Medicare documents, 1-800-Medicare; for all other documents, 1-844-ALT-FORM (1-844-258-3676)
- Fax: 1-844-530-3676
- TTY: Medicare documents, 1-877-486-2048; all other documents, 1-844-716-3676
- Postal Mail: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services / Office of Equal Employment Opportunity & Civil Rights / 7500 Security Boulevard, Room N2-22-16 / Baltimore, MD 21244-1850 / Attn: CMS Alternate Format Team
Include details about the materials or information you need.