The May 2019 CROWNWeb Newsletter is now available, at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/05/may-2019-newsletter/. CROWNWeb will also offer a May 14, 2019 New User Training, at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/may-2019-new-user-training/.
CMS has announced that the comment period for their Proposed Rules on Interoperability of Electronic Medical Records has been extended to June 3, 2019. The Proposed Rules are aimed at promoting the ability of different health information technologies to communicate with one another, and at enabling patients to electronically access their health information. Find the Proposed Rules at https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2019/02/11/hhs-proposes-new-rules-improve-interoperability-electronic-health-information.html.
The extension of the public comment period coincides with release, from the HHS Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, of:
- The second draft of the Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (https://www.healthit.gov/topic/interoperability/trusted-exchange-framework-and-common-agreement)
- The related Notice of Funding Opportunity (https://www.healthit.gov/topic/onc-funding-opportunities/trusted-exchange-framework-and-common-agreement-recognized)
For More Information see:
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Improve the Interoperability of Health Information webpage (https://www.healthit.gov/topic/laws-regulation-and-policy/notice-proposed-rulemaking-improve-interoperability-health)
- CMS Advances Interoperability & Patient Access to Health Data through New Proposals fact sheet (https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/cms-advances-interoperability-patient-access-health-data-through-new-proposals)
- CMS Interoperability website (https://www.cms.gov/Center/Special-Topic/Interoperability-Center.html)
CMS and NKF will present a May 22, 2019 webinar on on Population Health Strategies for Kidney Disease Risk Reduction, at noon PST. Nephrologists, dialysis facility medical directors and renal care providers are invited and encouraged to attend. The NKF CKD Change Package will be introduced, systematic strategies for improving identification and management of CKD will be described, and a population health strategy for registry function, QI, and patient engagement for people living with CKD will be presented. Register for the webinar at https://meetings-cms.webex.com/meetings-cms/onstage/g.php?MTID=e06e8b0a5642756b1b7a7e0998d0eeeb8. Find the NKF CKD Change Package at https://www.kidney.org/sites/default/files/02-11-8036_JBI_CKD_ChangePackV17.pdf.
CROWNWeb will present an 18 April Town Hall meeting featuring clinical tips and shortcuts. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/april-2019-town-hall/.
The April CROWNWeb Newsletter includes articles on the new ESRD Data Management Guidelines document, and online 2744 training sessions. Find it at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/April_2019_Newsletter.pdf.
The Forum of ESRD Networks will host an April 10, 2019 webinar on The ESRD QIP: What Every Facility Should Know. The webinar will provide an overview of the ESRD QIP, and practical guidance on interpreting and sharing your QIP PSC with your patients. While registration is open only to the first thousand patients, it will be recorded for later playback. Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6551857146314183682.
CMS has reported that more then two thirds of Medicare claims now use the MBI instead of the HIC number. All claims must use the MBI by the end of 2019. Medicare has published two handy references to help:
- New MBI: Get It, Use It, including three ways to obtain an MBI – https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNmattersArticles/downloads/SE18006.pdf.
- Understanding the MBI, a one-page chart for your wall or desktop clarifying how the MBI is coded – https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/Downloads/UnderstandingTheMBI-MLN3657604.pdf.
CROWNWeb will present a New User Training session on April 9, 2019. To register see http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/april-2019-new-user-training-registration-now-open/.
The March 2019 CROWNWeb Newsletter is now available. Topics include:
- A summary of the February CROWNWeb Town Hall meeting, with useful links, including links to a recording and PDF of the meeting
- Links to a recording of the February 2744 training sessions
- Links to the new ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines in PDF and ebook formats
- A Clinical FAQ on HBV
- The usual sections on Clinical Closures (note that your Network may want earlier deadlines) and links to useful resources.
Find the Newsletter at at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/march-2019-newsletter/.