Medicare has published a Dialysis Facility Compare Social Media Toolkit brochure in three versions (for patients or consumers, for dialysis facilities, and for physicians) and two languages (English and Spanish). They provide graphic and text suggestions for sharing and promoting DFC on social media. Find copies of them at:
The May issue of Network 16 News is titled What to Know about HIPAA, and it includes a list of the 18 patient identifiers that, when any one or more of which are present, create Personally Identifiable information that must be protected according to HIPAA rules.
The “Question Corner” this month is about the most common patient concerns. The “Hot Dates” section lists the October 22, 2017 Network 16 Annual Quality Conference in Tukwila WA (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2017/05/04/nw-101-nw16-quality-conference/ ), and the September 23-25, 2017 ANNA Management & Leadership Conference sin Miami FL (see https://www.annanurse.org/events/nephrology-nursing-practice-management-leadership-conference ).
Find Network 16 News at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html .
The following message is from CMS.
If you are the victim of ransomware or have cyber threat indicators to share
If you or your organization is the victim of a ransomware attack, please contact law enforcement immediately.
- Contact your FBI Field Office Cyber Task Force, at https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/field-offices , immediately to report a ransomware event and request assistance. These professionals work with state and local law enforcement and other federal and international partners to pursue cyber criminals globally and to assist victims of cyber-crime.
- Report cyber incidents to both of the following:
- For further analysis and healthcare-specific indicator sharing, please also share these indicators with the HHS Healthcare Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (HCCIC) via email to HCCIC_RM@hhs.gov
CROWNWeb will present online Facility Dashboard Training on May 31, repeat it twice on June 7, and again on June 13. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/education_/training-list/ . All CROWNWeb training videos are recorded and posted for later viewing at http://mycrownweb.org/education_/crownweb-training-videos/ , as this one will be.
CROWNWeb will host a May 25, 2017 Town Hall conference call on A Closer Look at CROWNWeb Data Utilization. Find more information and register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-data-utilization/ .
HealthInsight will present a free May 25, 2017 webinar on Introduction to Building and Governing Your HIPAA Compliance Program. For more information see http://healthinsight.org/hipaapass#events . Register at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ee4kqc0g4fcb5073 .
KCER and Healthcare Ready will present a May 25, 2017 webinar on the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule at 12:30 pm PDT. The webinar will cover:
- Requirements of the rule and timeline for compliance
- Meeting the training and exercise requirement
- Completing a risk assessment
- Considerations for ESRD patients and dialysis facilities
Get details and join the webinar at this link. For more information on the Rule see http://www.kcercoalition.com/en/resources/professional-resources/cms-emergency-preparedness-rule/ .