On November 9, 2020, CMS will incorporate the roles and functionality of its legacy CROWNWeb system into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. This rollout will introduce new steps users must follow to submit facilities’ administrative and patients’ treatment-related data directly to CMS. Online EQRS New User Training will be held on October 29, 2020 and repeated on November 4, 2020. Find more information and register for the Training at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/09/nut-oct-2020-announce/.
CROWNWeb has announced that their September Town Hall will occur on September 24, 2020, on the topic of ESRD Community of Practice and EQRS Deep Dive. Find details and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/september-2020-town-hall/.
CROWNWeb has announced that New User Training will take place on September 15, 2020. For details and registration see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/nut-mar-2020-announce-2-2/.
CROWNWeb has also published their September 2020 Newsletter, with articles on:
- The elimination of the transient patient category. They ask that no transient patients be entered into CROWNWeb after September 30, 2020. The Newsletter describes the replacement procedures.
- COVID-19 ICD Codes.
- Reminders in the EQRS Facility Dashboard.
- The usual links to recent news, Clinical Closures (unchanged from last month’s Newsletter), and useful resources.
Find the September Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/september-2020-newsletter/. According to the schedule published last November, there will be a CROWNWeb Town Hall on September 17, 2020, though it’s not mentioned in this Newsletter; see the “Facility Calendar” link at the top of this page.
CROWNWeb has created a Data Submission Stopwatch as a graphic reminder of when information must be submitted to CMS. Download the Stopwatch from https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Stopwatch-560×380.jpg. Each of the items on the Stopwatch must to be submitted within the time frame shown, as per the ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines. Download the Guidelines from https://mycrownweb.org/assets/documents/ESRD_Systems_Data_Management_Guidelines.pdf.
CROWNWeb has announced an August 18, 2020 New User Training and an August 27 Town Hall, and published an August CROWNWeb News newsletter:
- Find more information and register for the August 18 New User training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/august-2020-new-user-training/.
- Find more information and register for the August 27 Town Hall at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/august-2020-town-hall/. It will focus on EQRS and CW data management requirements, late-breaking news, and deadline reminders.
- Find the August CROWNWeb News at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/07/august-2020-newsletter-2/.
The August News features articles on:
- The PY2021 QIP Preview Period that runs through August 31, 2020 (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/07/17/8-31-py2021-qip-preview-period-ends/ for details),
- How to access the EQRS QIP User Interface,
- CW data management guidelines,
- How to route questions to CW,
- The third-quarter Clinical Closure schedule, and
- The usual extensive list of links to useful CW resources.
The CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines are August 31, 2020 for July data, November 2 for August data, and November 30 for September data, but your Network may require earlier data submission.
Network Provider Newsletters for Summer 2020 have been published. They include articles on:
- Network Support for COVID-19.
- The ESRD QIP.
- New QIP website interface.
- Staff Burnout.
- Patient Psychosocial Needs.
- NCC “Web Hub” for Patients (Network 16 only).
- Seeking Volunteers for Spanish-Speaking PAC (Network 18 only).
- Data Currency in CROWNWeb.
- Links to Network Patient Newsletters.
- Patient Emergency Preparedness.
- Interruptions in Service.
- KCER Newsletter.
- Staff Changes.
- Link to Events Calendar (Network 18 only).
- Network email Updates.
Find them at:
- Network 16: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/NL/16.Provider+Newsletter-++Summer+2020.pdf.
The March CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, with articles on the 2744 Annual Facility Survey, 2744 Errors and Reports, Guidance for Submission of CMS-2728/CMS-2746, HARP Account Needed for EQRS Users, EQRS System Deadline Updates, and Clinical Closures, plus the usual collection of very useful links and notes. Find the Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/02/march-2020-newsletter/. Noteworthy dates include:
- March 16, 2020 – QIP deadline for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan, and December 2019 Clinical Data Submissions (extended from March 2, 2020; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/02/28/3-2-eqrs-qip-deadline-extended-to-march-16/).
- March 17, 2020 – CROWNWeb New User Training, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 26, 2020 – CROWNWeb Town Hall re EQRS data management requirements, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 31, 2020 – 2019 Form 2744 completion.
- March 31, 2020* – Clinical Closure for January 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- April 30, 2020* – Clinical Closure for February 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- June 1, 2020* – Clinical Closure for March 2020 CROWNWeb data.
* Your Network may require earlier Closure.
The EQRS End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Reporting System will be unavailable due to system maintenance from 5pm PST on February 21, 2020 until 5am PST on February 24, 2020. Effective February 24, 2020, HARP (HCQIS Access Role and Profile) credentials will be required to access EQRS. Access EQRS at https://eqrs.cms.gov/globalapp. HARP resources including training materials, Quick Start Guides, Frequently Asked Questions, and instructional videos can be found at https://mycrownweb.org/harp-training/. The QualityNet Service Desk is available to provide assistance and answer questions, via email at email@example.com or telephone at 1-866-288-8912.
CROWNWeb has published their January Newsletter, at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/01/january-2020-newsletter/. It includes articles on
- Medication Reconciliation and its January 9 and 23, 2020 training sessions
- PY2020 PSRs and PSCs (see also https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2019/12/03/py2020-qip-final-psr-and-psc-released/)
- ICH CAHPS CY2019 exemption attestation (deadline March 2, 2020)
- CY2020 Clinical Depression Screening requirements
- January 16, 2020 training for ICH CAHPS and Depression Screening reporting requirements
- Clinical data submission deadlines (if your Network doesn’t require earlier submission)
Plus announcement of the January 21, 2020 New User Training, and the usual lists of always-useful resources and links.
Find information and register for the January 30, 2020 CROWNWeb Town Hall on signing up for HCQIS HARP at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2020-town-hall/.
The January CROWNWeb Town Hall will take place on January 30, 2020 and cover the new HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) registration process and the ESRD Quality Reporting System (EQRS). Find out more and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2020-town-hall/.
CROWNWeb Training on data entry for the new Medication Reconciliation Reporting Measure will be held on January 9, 2020 and repeated on January 23; see https://mycrownweb.org/2019/12/medrec-training-announce/.
Training on the ICH CAHPS and Clinical Depression Screening Reporting Requirements will be held on January 16, 2020; find details and register for this training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/ich-cahps-and-clinical-depression-training-2/.