The deadline for submission of September and October 2020 Clinical Data has been extended to February 1, 2021 for all collection types and all submission methods. The deadline for November 2020 Data remains February 1, 2021. For details see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/12/eqrs-system-deadline-extended-2/.
CMS has announced that the deadline for submitting September 2020 clinical closing data into EQRS has been extended till January 4, 2021 in order to allow users more time to get up to speed on EQRS. Starting November 9, 2020, EQRS will perform the data entry role CROWNWeb has been doing. Find more information and links to recorded EQRS training material at https://mycrownweb.org/education/. Online EQRS New User Training will be offered November 17, 2020; find details and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/november-2020-new-user-training-2/.
November 9, 2020 is when the functionality of CROWNWeb gets absorbed into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. Accordingly, the CROWNWeb Newsletter has become the EQRS Newsletter, and the November issue is now available, at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/10/november-2020-newsletter/. It includes articles on training materials, patient admissions, Medical Evidence Form 2728 submissions, and clinical closures (November 30 for September, January 4 for October, February 1 for November, unless your Network requires earlier entry). It also announces the November 4 EQRS New User Training, and preserves the very useful lists of resources. The Newsletter doesn’t mention the EQRS Town Hall, but you might want to mark your calendar for November 26, in case they continue their pattern of holding it on the fourth or fifth Thursday of each month.
On November 9, 2020, CMS will incorporate the roles and functionality of its legacy CROWNWeb system into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. This rollout will introduce new steps users must follow to submit facilities’ administrative and patients’ treatment-related data directly to CMS. Online EQRS New User Training will be held on October 29, 2020 and repeated on November 4, 2020. Find more information and register for the Training at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/09/nut-oct-2020-announce/.
CROWNWeb has announced that their September Town Hall will occur on September 24, 2020, on the topic of ESRD Community of Practice and EQRS Deep Dive. Find details and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/september-2020-town-hall/.
CROWNWeb has announced that New User Training will take place on September 15, 2020. For details and registration see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/nut-mar-2020-announce-2-2/.
CROWNWeb has also published their September 2020 Newsletter, with articles on:
- The elimination of the transient patient category. They ask that no transient patients be entered into CROWNWeb after September 30, 2020. The Newsletter describes the replacement procedures.
- COVID-19 ICD Codes.
- Reminders in the EQRS Facility Dashboard.
- The usual links to recent news, Clinical Closures (unchanged from last month’s Newsletter), and useful resources.
Find the September Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/september-2020-newsletter/. According to the schedule published last November, there will be a CROWNWeb Town Hall on September 17, 2020, though it’s not mentioned in this Newsletter; see the “Facility Calendar” link at the top of this page.
CROWNWeb has created a Data Submission Stopwatch as a graphic reminder of when information must be submitted to CMS. Download the Stopwatch from https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Stopwatch-560×380.jpg. Each of the items on the Stopwatch must to be submitted within the time frame shown, as per the ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines. Download the Guidelines from https://mycrownweb.org/assets/documents/ESRD_Systems_Data_Management_Guidelines.pdf.
CROWNWeb has announced an August 18, 2020 New User Training and an August 27 Town Hall, and published an August CROWNWeb News newsletter:
- Find more information and register for the August 18 New User training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/august-2020-new-user-training/.
- Find more information and register for the August 27 Town Hall at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/august-2020-town-hall/. It will focus on EQRS and CW data management requirements, late-breaking news, and deadline reminders.
- Find the August CROWNWeb News at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/07/august-2020-newsletter-2/.
The August News features articles on:
- The PY2021 QIP Preview Period that runs through August 31, 2020 (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/07/17/8-31-py2021-qip-preview-period-ends/ for details),
- How to access the EQRS QIP User Interface,
- CW data management guidelines,
- How to route questions to CW,
- The third-quarter Clinical Closure schedule, and
- The usual extensive list of links to useful CW resources.
The CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines are August 31, 2020 for July data, November 2 for August data, and November 30 for September data, but your Network may require earlier data submission.
Network Provider Newsletters for Summer 2020 have been published. They include articles on:
- Network Support for COVID-19.
- The ESRD QIP.
- New QIP website interface.
- Staff Burnout.
- Patient Psychosocial Needs.
- NCC “Web Hub” for Patients (Network 16 only).
- Seeking Volunteers for Spanish-Speaking PAC (Network 18 only).
- Data Currency in CROWNWeb.
- Links to Network Patient Newsletters.
- Patient Emergency Preparedness.
- Interruptions in Service.
- KCER Newsletter.
- Staff Changes.
- Link to Events Calendar (Network 18 only).
- Network email Updates.
Find them at:
- Network 16: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/NL/16.Provider+Newsletter-++Summer+2020.pdf.
The March CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, with articles on the 2744 Annual Facility Survey, 2744 Errors and Reports, Guidance for Submission of CMS-2728/CMS-2746, HARP Account Needed for EQRS Users, EQRS System Deadline Updates, and Clinical Closures, plus the usual collection of very useful links and notes. Find the Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/02/march-2020-newsletter/. Noteworthy dates include:
- March 16, 2020 – QIP deadline for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan, and December 2019 Clinical Data Submissions (extended from March 2, 2020; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/02/28/3-2-eqrs-qip-deadline-extended-to-march-16/).
- March 17, 2020 – CROWNWeb New User Training, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 26, 2020 – CROWNWeb Town Hall re EQRS data management requirements, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 31, 2020 – 2019 Form 2744 completion.
- March 31, 2020* – Clinical Closure for January 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- April 30, 2020* – Clinical Closure for February 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- June 1, 2020* – Clinical Closure for March 2020 CROWNWeb data.
* Your Network may require earlier Closure.