CMS and CROWNWeb have announced the topic for their September 28, 2017 Town Hall conference call, “Reinforcing Processes in the Wake of Natural Disasters,” featuring discussions on how CROWNWeb can track patients and provide essential information during disasters. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-reinforcing-processes-wake-natural-disasters/ .
The September 2017 CROWNWeb Newsletter has been added to the CROWNWeb website at http://mycrownweb.org/news/newsletters/ . This month’s issue includes articles on ultrafiltration, information distribution, Facility Dashboard updates, and adding treatment records, plus links to useful resources. It also announces the next CROWNWeb Town Hall on September 28, 2017.
The new CROWNWeb Newsletter is available at http://mycrownweb.org/news/newsletters/ . It includes articles on:
- Review of the first month of Facility Dashboard data and Dashboard enhancements
- New Medicare Beneficiary Identifier or MBI (which project CMS has renamed “NMC” – see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2017/07/31/new-medicare-card/)
- New ESRD QIP Reporting Deadlines
And announcement of an August 31, 2017 CW Town Hall Meeting.
CMS has announced that facilities may need to change their healthcare records systems to:
- Accept the new Medicare Beneficiary Identifier or MBI. Use the MBI format specifications at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/New-Medicare-Card/index.html if you currently have edits on the current HICN.
- Identify your patients who qualify for Medicare under the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB). You will no longer be able to distinguish RRB patients by the number on the new Medicare card. You will be able to identify them by the RRB logo on their card, and we will return a message on the eligibility transaction response for a RRB patient. The message will say, “Railroad Retirement Medicare Beneficiary” in 271 Loop 2110C, Segment MSG. If you use the number only to identify your RRB patients beginning in April 2018, you must identify them differently to send Medicare claims to the RRB Specialty Medicare Administrative Contractor, Palmetto GBA at https://www.palmettogba.com/palmetto/providers.nsf/DocsCatHome/Railroad%20Medicare .
- Update your practice management system’s patient numbers to automatically accept the new MBI from remittance advice (835) transactions. Beginning in October 2018, through December 2019, CMS will return your patient’s MBI on every electronic remittance advice for claims you submit with a valid and active HICN. It will be in the same place you currently get the “changed HICN”: 835 Loop 2100, Segment NM1 (Corrected Patient/Insured Name), Field NM109 (Identification Code).
If you use vendors to bill Medicare, contact them if they haven’t already shared their new Medicare card system changes with you; they can also tell you how they will pass the new Medicare number to you. The New Medicare Card Provider webpage at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/New-Medicare-Card/index.html will provide the latest information.
The CROWNWeb Newsletter for July includes articles on Connecting CMS and CROWNWeb goals, the Facility Dashboard, New User Training July 11, 2017 and subsequent second Tuesdays, and the QIP Preview Period, plus the usual links to useful CROWNWeb tools and announcement of a July 27, 2017 CROWNWeb Town Hall. Find the Newsletter at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/July-Newsletter-Version-3_508.pdf .
Known issues and internet browser requirements for the CROWNWeb Facility Dashboard:
- If a patient is admitted to multiple facilities, the 2746 megatab on the Facility Dashboard may be attributed to the incorrect facility in certain conditions. This known issue is being addressed, and the fix is anticipated to be available on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
- A system sync change was implemented on Thursday, June 8, 2017. Changes made in the CROWNWeb system may now take up to 15 minutes to sync to the Facility Dashboard.
- The recommended Internet Browsers for the Facility Dashboard are Internet Explorer version 11, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The Facility Dashboard may not fully populate if other Internet Browsers are used.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the QualityNet Help Desk at email@example.com or (866) 288-8912 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8p.m. ET.
The CW Facility Dashboard Training will be repeated June 13, 2017; register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/crownweb-facility-dashboard-training-session-4/ . Recording and slides from the May 31, 2017 CW Facility Dashboard training are posted at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Faciity-Dashboard-Training_053017_FINAL_508.pdf .
CROWNWeb will be down for maintenance between 9am PDT on June 6, 2017 and 3am PDT on June 7.
The June CROWNWeb Newsletter is now available, containing articles on New Data Quality Goals, Facility Dashboard Launch and Training, New EIDM Password Requirements, and CROWNWeb Frequently Asked Questions. The issue also includes the usual useful links, and announcement of the June 29, 2017 Town Hall. Find CROWNWeb Newsletters at http://mycrownweb.org/news/newsletters/ .