CMS has issued the January EQRS News, featuring articles on the specifications required for computers used to access EQRS, PY2021 PSRs and PSCs, the lack of PART verification in EQRS, the ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Closure deadlines, and the usual useful links to more information about EQRS and its environment, including the announcement of New User Training on January 19, 2021. If it’s required, the ICH CAHPS Attestation must be completed by March 1, 2021. Clinical Closure deadlines for September, October, and November 2020 have been extended to February 1, 2021. Find the January issue at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/12/january-2021-newsletter/, and a compendium of online EQRS, HARP, and QIP training resources at https://mycrownweb.org/education/.
The deadline for submission of September and October 2020 Clinical Data has been extended to February 1, 2021 for all collection types and all submission methods. The deadline for November 2020 Data remains February 1, 2021. For details see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/12/eqrs-system-deadline-extended-2/.
CMS has filed a Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) Notice to solicit comments on a proposal to renew its approval to collect information on the application for Medicare coverage for new ESRD patients, and on the general application for Medicare coverage. No changes to the forms are contemplated, but the PRA requires periodic renewals. Comments are due by November 23, 2020. Find the Federal Register notice at https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/09/24/2020-21095/agency-information-collection-activities-proposed-collection-comment-request.
November 9, 2020 is when the functionality of CROWNWeb gets absorbed into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. Accordingly, the CROWNWeb Newsletter has become the EQRS Newsletter, and the November issue is now available, at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/10/november-2020-newsletter/. It includes articles on training materials, patient admissions, Medical Evidence Form 2728 submissions, and clinical closures (November 30 for September, January 4 for October, February 1 for November, unless your Network requires earlier entry). It also announces the November 4 EQRS New User Training, and preserves the very useful lists of resources. The Newsletter doesn’t mention the EQRS Town Hall, but you might want to mark your calendar for November 26, in case they continue their pattern of holding it on the fourth or fifth Thursday of each month.
CROWNWeb has created a Data Submission Stopwatch as a graphic reminder of when information must be submitted to CMS. Download the Stopwatch from https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Stopwatch-560×380.jpg. Each of the items on the Stopwatch must to be submitted within the time frame shown, as per the ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines. Download the Guidelines from https://mycrownweb.org/assets/documents/ESRD_Systems_Data_Management_Guidelines.pdf.
Current NHSN Dialysis Component Bugs: Contrary to the software’s response, Denominator Data is not actually saved after making updates. CMS analysis reports within NHSN are not functioning as expected. On February 11, 2020, NHSN reported that “our technical team is working to resolve [these issues] as soon as possible. We will provide an update shortly.” Find the NHSN Current Defects List at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/releasemgt/index.html.
The 2020 Outpatient Dialysis Center Practices Survey: Beginning February 8, 2020, users with administrative rights will be able to complete and save this survey by using the ‘Save as Complete’ button. Facilities must complete the Outpatient Dialysis Center Practices Survey by May 1, 2020 in order to be allowed to enter data into the NHSN Dialysis Component. Completion by February 28 is recommended. For convenience, a paper version of the 2020 annual survey can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/forms/57.500_OutpatientDialysisSurv_BLANK.pdf. Enter the information online after you log in to NHSN for your facility.
- Data for October-December 2019 must be entered and corrected by March 31, 2020.
- Data for January-March 2020 must be entered and corrected by June 30, 2020.
- Data for April-June 2020 must be entered and corrected by September 30, 2020.
- Data for July-September 2020 must be entered and corrected by December 31, 2020.
Before each QIP deadline, to insure proper credit, each facility should:
- Review the NHSN Dialysis Event Protocol at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/PDFs/pscManual/8pscDialysisEventcurrent.pdf to ensure all data were correctly reported to NHSN.
- Review the Three Steps to Review Dialysis Event Surveillance Data at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/dialysis/3-steps-to-review-de-data-2014.pdf.
- Use the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for CMS ESRD QIP guide at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/PDFs/dialysis/CMS-QIP-NHSN-report.pdf to verify that your facility has met the minimum CMS reporting requirements.
- Refer to the How to Create and Read an NHSN BSI Report guide at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/PDFs/dialysis/BSI-cheatsheet.pdf to review your facility’s BSI rates.
- Contact the NHSN Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Dialysis’ if you have any questions.
Paper versions of all NHSN forms can be found under the ‘Data Collection Forms’ section of https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/dialysis/event/index.html. For complete NHSN Dialysis Component specifications, see https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/dialysis/event/index.html.
CROWNWeb will hold their next Town Hall on December 19, 3019 on Understanding the Payment Year 2020 ESRD QIP Final Performance Score Report. Register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/december-2019-town-hall/.
The December CROWNWeb Newsletter is also now available, at https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/CROWNWeb-Newsletter-October-2019-2.png. The lead article reviews 2019 and previews 2020, and announces upcoming CROWNWeb modifications on medication reconciliation, ICH CAHPS, and Depression Screening/Followup. The Newsletter also includes its usual tables of Clinical Closing dates and extensive links to Resources, and a preview of CROWNWeb events in 2020, including (updated 12/31/19):
- New User Trainings will move to the third Tuesday of each month (January 21, 2020).
- CROWNWeb Town Halls will be held on the third Thursday of each month (except in January it will be the fourth Thursday, January 30, 2020).
- Training for Medication Reconciliation (January 9 and 23), ICH CAHPS and Depression Screening (January 16), and the new HARP (HCPIS Access Roles and Profile) account management application (at the January 30 Town Hall) will also be held in January.
- Training for 2744 will be held in Spring 2020, date tba.
CROWNWeb will present a New User Training session on April 9, 2019. To register see http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/april-2019-new-user-training-registration-now-open/.
The March 2019 CROWNWeb Newsletter is now available. Topics include:
- A summary of the February CROWNWeb Town Hall meeting, with useful links, including links to a recording and PDF of the meeting
- Links to a recording of the February 2744 training sessions
- Links to the new ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines in PDF and ebook formats
- A Clinical FAQ on HBV
- The usual sections on Clinical Closures (note that your Network may want earlier deadlines) and links to useful resources.
Find the Newsletter at at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/march-2019-newsletter/.
CROWNWeb has published their March Newsletter, featuring articles and announcements on:
- The February Town Hall, which covered Q&A about the ESRD Networks; see http://mycrownweb.org/events/ for recordings
- The February 2744 training, which was recorded; see http://mycrownweb.org/education_/crownweb-training-videos/
- A Clinical FAQ on HBV
- Many useful links to other CROWNWeb and ESRD resources
- A March 12, 2019 New User Training; see http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/march-2019-crownweb-new-user-training/ for details and registration
- A March 28, 2019 CROWNWeb Town Hall
Find the Newsletter at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/march-2019-newsletter/.
CROWNWeb has announced the topics for their January 17, 2019 Town Hall meeting. They encompass completing Calendar Year 2018 CROWNWeb reporting requirements, including requirements and closure dates for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Pain Assessment, Depression Screening, and the CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey. Several new EQRS features will also be presented. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2019-town-hall/.