Current NHSN Dialysis Component Bugs: Contrary to the software’s response, Denominator Data is not actually saved after making updates. CMS analysis reports within NHSN are not functioning as expected. On February 11, 2020, NHSN reported that “our technical team is working to resolve [these issues] as soon as possible. We will provide an update shortly.” Find the NHSN Current Defects List at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/releasemgt/index.html.
The 2020 Outpatient Dialysis Center Practices Survey: Beginning February 8, 2020, users with administrative rights will be able to complete and save this survey by using the ‘Save as Complete’ button. Facilities must complete the Outpatient Dialysis Center Practices Survey by May 1, 2020 in order to be allowed to enter data into the NHSN Dialysis Component. Completion by February 28 is recommended. For convenience, a paper version of the 2020 annual survey can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/forms/57.500_OutpatientDialysisSurv_BLANK.pdf. Enter the information online after you log in to NHSN for your facility.
2020 NHSN Data Deadlines for QIP Credit: To receive QIP credit, NHSN data for your facility must be entered and corrected by the deadlines in the following table. For QIA purposes, your Network may require earlier due dates.
- Data for October-December 2019 must be entered and corrected by March 31, 2020.
- Data for January-March 2020 must be entered and corrected by June 30, 2020.
- Data for April-June 2020 must be entered and corrected by September 30, 2020.
- Data for July-September 2020 must be entered and corrected by December 31, 2020.
Before each QIP deadline, to insure proper credit, each facility should:
Paper versions of all NHSN forms can be found under the ‘Data Collection Forms’ section of https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/dialysis/event/index.html. For complete NHSN Dialysis Component specifications, see https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/dialysis/event/index.html.
CROWNWeb will hold their next Town Hall on December 19, 3019 on Understanding the Payment Year 2020 ESRD QIP Final Performance Score Report. Register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/december-2019-town-hall/.
The December CROWNWeb Newsletter is also now available, at https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/CROWNWeb-Newsletter-October-2019-2.png. The lead article reviews 2019 and previews 2020, and announces upcoming CROWNWeb modifications on medication reconciliation, ICH CAHPS, and Depression Screening/Followup. The Newsletter also includes its usual tables of Clinical Closing dates and extensive links to Resources, and a preview of CROWNWeb events in 2020, including (updated 12/31/19):
- New User Trainings will move to the third Tuesday of each month (January 21, 2020).
- CROWNWeb Town Halls will be held on the third Thursday of each month (except in January it will be the fourth Thursday, January 30, 2020).
- Training for Medication Reconciliation (January 9 and 23), ICH CAHPS and Depression Screening (January 16), and the new HARP (HCPIS Access Roles and Profile) account management application (at the January 30 Town Hall) will also be held in January.
- Training for 2744 will be held in Spring 2020, date tba.
CROWNWeb will present a New User Training session on April 9, 2019. To register see http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/april-2019-new-user-training-registration-now-open/.
The March 2019 CROWNWeb Newsletter is now available. Topics include:
- A summary of the February CROWNWeb Town Hall meeting, with useful links, including links to a recording and PDF of the meeting
- Links to a recording of the February 2744 training sessions
- Links to the new ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines in PDF and ebook formats
- A Clinical FAQ on HBV
- The usual sections on Clinical Closures (note that your Network may want earlier deadlines) and links to useful resources.
Find the Newsletter at at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/march-2019-newsletter/.
CROWNWeb has published their March Newsletter, featuring articles and announcements on:
Find the Newsletter at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/march-2019-newsletter/.
CROWNWeb has announced the topics for their January 17, 2019 Town Hall meeting. They encompass completing Calendar Year 2018 CROWNWeb reporting requirements, including requirements and closure dates for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Pain Assessment, Depression Screening, and the CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey. Several new EQRS features will also be presented. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2019-town-hall/.
CROWNWeb has announced the topic for their July 26, 2018 Town Hall meeting: The Journey From CROWNWeb to EQRS. The head of the EQRS program, P. Nicole Crenshaw, will discuss the vision for EQRS, as well as the transition from CROWNWeb, ESRD QIP and REMIS to EQRS. Additionally, the call will provide an overview of completing the Pain Assessments and Depression Screenings in CROWNWeb. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-event-the-journey-from-crownweb-to-eqrs/.
The June 28, 2018 CROWNWeb Town Hall, titled A Look into the Future, will include review of the CMS assessment of ESRD Quality Goals, and discussion of and screenshots of EQRS 2.0, which will combine CROWNWeb, the ESRD QIP, and REMIS. For full details and registration, see http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-event-a-look-into-the-future/.