On November 9, 2020, CMS will incorporate the roles and functionality of its legacy CROWNWeb system into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. This rollout will introduce new steps users must follow to submit facilities’ administrative and patients’ treatment-related data directly to CMS. Online EQRS New User Training will be held on October 29, 2020 and repeated on November 4, 2020. Find more information and register for the Training at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/09/nut-oct-2020-announce/.
CROWNWeb has announced that their September Town Hall will occur on September 24, 2020, on the topic of ESRD Community of Practice and EQRS Deep Dive. Find details and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/september-2020-town-hall/.
CROWNWeb has announced an August 18, 2020 New User Training and an August 27 Town Hall, and published an August CROWNWeb News newsletter:
- Find more information and register for the August 18 New User training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/august-2020-new-user-training/.
- Find more information and register for the August 27 Town Hall at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/august-2020-town-hall/. It will focus on EQRS and CW data management requirements, late-breaking news, and deadline reminders.
- Find the August CROWNWeb News at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/07/august-2020-newsletter-2/.
The August News features articles on:
- The PY2021 QIP Preview Period that runs through August 31, 2020 (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/07/17/8-31-py2021-qip-preview-period-ends/ for details),
- How to access the EQRS QIP User Interface,
- CW data management guidelines,
- How to route questions to CW,
- The third-quarter Clinical Closure schedule, and
- The usual extensive list of links to useful CW resources.
The CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines are August 31, 2020 for July data, November 2 for August data, and November 30 for September data, but your Network may require earlier data submission.
Network Provider Newsletters for Summer 2020 have been published. They include articles on:
- Network Support for COVID-19.
- The ESRD QIP.
- New QIP website interface.
- Staff Burnout.
- Patient Psychosocial Needs.
- NCC “Web Hub” for Patients (Network 16 only).
- Seeking Volunteers for Spanish-Speaking PAC (Network 18 only).
- Data Currency in CROWNWeb.
- Links to Network Patient Newsletters.
- Patient Emergency Preparedness.
- Interruptions in Service.
- KCER Newsletter.
- Staff Changes.
- Link to Events Calendar (Network 18 only).
- Network email Updates.
Find them at:
- Network 16: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/NL/16.Provider+Newsletter-++Summer+2020.pdf.
CMS has scheduled a webinar on the PY2021 ESRD DFR/QIP process. We haven’t seen a timeline yet for the process, though there are rumors that the DFR data has become available.
The webinar is titled ESRD QIP: Previewing Your Facility’s PY2021 Performance Data. There are three sessions, each repeating the same material, so you need to attend only one of them. To register:
After you register, you will receive an e-mail containing a unique webinar link and audio details. Do not share the link, as it will be unique to you. If more than one staff member at your facility would like to attend, and you can maintain safe social distancing, you may join as a team. The webinar will cover:
- How to access and review your facility’s PSR and PLR.
- How CMS calculated your QIP performance scores.
- What your TPS means to your facility’s 2021 reimbursement.
- When and where to ask questions.
- Where to get help and additional information.
To learn more about the QIP and DFR (and DFC) Preview process, see https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/ESRDQIP/. It’s not updated for PY2021 yet, but will be soon.
For more information on the PY2021 process, see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/06/py-2021-esrd-qip-preview-period-webinar/. If you haven’t already made the conversion, note that you will need to use the new QIP User Interface in the updated version of EQRS; for details and instructions see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/06/esrd-qip-ui-phase1/.
For further assistance and to ask questions, use the CMS Quality Support ServiceNow Q&A Tool at https://cmsqualitysupport.servicenowservices.com/qnet_qa.
The March CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, with articles on the 2744 Annual Facility Survey, 2744 Errors and Reports, Guidance for Submission of CMS-2728/CMS-2746, HARP Account Needed for EQRS Users, EQRS System Deadline Updates, and Clinical Closures, plus the usual collection of very useful links and notes. Find the Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/02/march-2020-newsletter/. Noteworthy dates include:
- March 16, 2020 – QIP deadline for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan, and December 2019 Clinical Data Submissions (extended from March 2, 2020; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/02/28/3-2-eqrs-qip-deadline-extended-to-march-16/).
- March 17, 2020 – CROWNWeb New User Training, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 26, 2020 – CROWNWeb Town Hall re EQRS data management requirements, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 31, 2020 – 2019 Form 2744 completion.
- March 31, 2020* – Clinical Closure for January 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- April 30, 2020* – Clinical Closure for February 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- June 1, 2020* – Clinical Closure for March 2020 CROWNWeb data.
* Your Network may require earlier Closure.
CMS is extending the March 2, 2020 deadline till March 16, 2020 (11:59 pm PST) for submission to EQRS of the following QIP and Clinical data:
- ICH CAHPS Attestation.
- Clinical Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan.
- December 2019 Clinical Data Submissions.
The extension applies only to the March 2020 data submission, and will have no effect on other due dates. Facilities are encouraged to complete their HARP registration as soon as possible, as HARP is now the mandatory gateway to EQRS. HARP training materials, Quick Start Guides, FAQs, and instructional videos can be found https://mycrownweb.org/harp-training/. The QualityNet Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-288-8912 can provide assistance and answer questions.
The EQRS End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Reporting System will be unavailable due to system maintenance from 5pm PST on February 21, 2020 until 5am PST on February 24, 2020. Effective February 24, 2020, HARP (HCQIS Access Role and Profile) credentials will be required to access EQRS. Access EQRS at https://eqrs.cms.gov/globalapp. HARP resources including training materials, Quick Start Guides, Frequently Asked Questions, and instructional videos can be found at https://mycrownweb.org/harp-training/. The QualityNet Service Desk is available to provide assistance and answer questions, via email at email@example.com or telephone at 1-866-288-8912.
CROWNWeb will offer online training on the new HCQIS (Healthcare Quality Information System) Access Roles and Profile system, or “HARP” on February 13, 2020, repeating it on February 19. All EQRS (ESRD Quality Reporting System) users will need to register for a HARP account. Find information and register for these online trainings at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/harp-training-2020-1/ (February 13) or https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/harp-training-2020-2/ (February 19).
CROWNWeb also offers self-paced HARP training and information at https://mycrownweb.org/harp-training/.
The January CROWNWeb Town Hall will take place on January 30, 2020 and cover the new HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) registration process and the ESRD Quality Reporting System (EQRS). Find out more and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2020-town-hall/.
CROWNWeb Training on data entry for the new Medication Reconciliation Reporting Measure will be held on January 9, 2020 and repeated on January 23; see https://mycrownweb.org/2019/12/medrec-training-announce/.
Training on the ICH CAHPS and Clinical Depression Screening Reporting Requirements will be held on January 16, 2020; find details and register for this training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/ich-cahps-and-clinical-depression-training-2/.