IHI will present an eight-session five-month online course on Leading Quality Improvement: Essentials for Managers, beginning January 23, 2018. IHI recommends the course for:
- Managers with clinical or patient care skills but a lack of leadership know-how or QI knowledge
- Staff members with QI experience but not enough to lead improvement efforts
- Organizations where budget constraints make it difficult to provide leadership training to everyone who needs it.
For details see http://www.ihi.org/education/WebTraining/Webinars/Leading-Quality-Improvement-Essentials-for-Managers/Pages/default.aspx.
The organization Outcome Engenuity (https://www.outcome-eng.com/) will present a three-day management-certification course for C-level executives on Just Culture: Creating a Foundation of Justice, in Las Vegas NV November 14-16, 2017. HealthInsight is sponsoring the course, and providing a substantial discount for its partners. Major session topics include:
- Just Culture
- Aligning Values and Expectations
- Designing Better Systems
- Making Better Behavioral Choices
- Learning to Systematically Learn
- Finding Justice
- Just Culture Integration
For more information and instructions for discounted registration, see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/JustCulture.pdf .