ANNA will hold their 2020 National Symposium April 19-22, 2020 in Orlando FL. Registration rates increase after March 2, 2020, and again after April 6. Hotel discounts expire on March 20, 2020. Find an overview below, and complete details, agenda, and registration at https://annanurse.org/events/2020-national-symposium/ or http://annasymposium.org/.
Other ANNA events that have been announced (find more information at https://annanurse.org/events/national) include:
- Los Angeles Chapter workshop on The Nurse Perspective: Elevating the Critical Role of Nurses in the Management of sHPT, El Segundo CA, March 10, 2020 (see https://annanurse.org/chapter-program-opportunities).
- National Nephrology Nurses Week, September 13-20, 2020.
- 2020 Nephrology Nursing Practice, Management, & Leadership Conference, Chicago IL, October 17-19, 2020.
- 2021 National Symposium, Palm Springs CA, May 2-5, 2021.
- 2021 Nephrology Nursing Practice, Management, & Leadership Conference, Hollywood Beach FL, September 17-19, 2021.
- 2022 National Symposium, Fort Worth TX, May 22-25, 2022.
IHI will present an eight-session five-month online course on Leading Quality Improvement: Essentials for Managers, beginning January 23, 2018. IHI recommends the course for:
- Managers with clinical or patient care skills but a lack of leadership know-how or QI knowledge
- Staff members with QI experience but not enough to lead improvement efforts
- Organizations where budget constraints make it difficult to provide leadership training to everyone who needs it.
For details see http://www.ihi.org/education/WebTraining/Webinars/Leading-Quality-Improvement-Essentials-for-Managers/Pages/default.aspx.
The organization Outcome Engenuity (https://www.outcome-eng.com/) will present a three-day management-certification course for C-level executives on Just Culture: Creating a Foundation of Justice, in Las Vegas NV November 14-16, 2017. HealthInsight is sponsoring the course, and providing a substantial discount for its partners. Major session topics include:
- Just Culture
- Aligning Values and Expectations
- Designing Better Systems
- Making Better Behavioral Choices
- Learning to Systematically Learn
- Finding Justice
- Just Culture Integration
For more information and instructions for discounted registration, see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/JustCulture.pdf .