We’ve published the Fall 2019 ESRD Network 16/18 Provider Newsletters. Find them at:
We include links to earlier issues at the end of this post. Most content is the same for both Networks, but not all. We’ve marked where they differ, and we’ve used blue type where information in one version also applies to the other Network. The Fall 2019 issue feature articles on:
- Quality Improvement:
- 2020 Quality Improvement Activities, which we expect to begin before Christmas.
- Changes to the ESRD QIP, which include changes to measures for the Transplant Waitlist, Medication Reconciliation, Transfusions, and BSIs. We’ve scheduled a December 12, 2019 webinar to summarize these QIP changes (and the many other measures that aren’t changing).
- Opioid Awareness and Pain Management.
- Diabetes Self-Management.
- Patient Services:
- Managing Patient Expectations to help create a calm and conflict-free environment.
- The Dialysis Patient Depression Toolkit.
- Patient Newsletters in English and Spanish for each Network.
- The importance of Keeping Patient Information Up to Date, especially patient addresses, which are critical for tracking everyone in emergencies and disasters, for identifying home facilities and transplant centers near the patient, for receiving notices like the New ESRD Patient Orientation Packet, and for monitoring patient clusters so your organization can effectively plan where to locate new facilities.
- A mini-lesson on how to admit a new patient into CROWNWeb if they do not have an SSN or MBI.
- Emergency Preparedness:
- Fire Danger Power Shutoffs and Fire Resources in California (NW18 version).
- The new ESRD Facility Emergency Preparedness Final Rule that went into effect on November 29, 2019 (NW18 version but also relevant to NW16).
- New KCER document on Emergency Disconnect Procedure for In-Center Hemodialysis Patients (NW16 version but also relevant to NW18).
- Notify the Network of any Interruptions in Service.
- KCER Newsletter.
- Notify the Network of any Personnel Changes.
- Upcoming Events!
We also list events of interest to Dialysis Facilities, Transplant Centers, and staff, on our Facility Calendar, via the link at the top of this page.
Find previous issues at: