The National Forum of ESRD Networks has revised the Dialysis Patient Depression Toolkit and added a video. Find the revised English version at http://esrdnetworks.org/resources/toolkits/patient-toolkits/new-toolkit-dialysis-patient-depression-toolkit/dialysis-patient-depression-toolkit-english and a Spanish version at http://esrdnetworks.org/resources/toolkits/patient-toolkits/new-toolkit-dialysis-patient-depression-toolkit/dialysis-patient-depression-toolkit-spanish. A related video interview with a dialysis patient has also been recorded. Find it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Iv6JytQt4.
CROWNWeb has published their September 2018 Newsletter, which you can find at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/September_Newsletter_Version_2.4_508.pdf. It features articles on:
- The August Town Hall and the PY2019 QIP Review Period (which has been extended through September 19, 2018)
- EQRS Attestation and Clinical Depression Feedback, including the announcement that the September 27 CROWNWeb Town Hall will feature a discussion of the Human-Centered-Design methodology being used to integrate user feedback into the expansion of EQRS functionality.
- The Clinical FAQ section (on lab value reporting when modality changes) and a table of Clinical Closure dates
We’ve already announced the September 11, 2018 CROWNWeb New User Training. You can stay up to date on these via the Virtual Training Calendar at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/September_Newsletter_Version_2.4_508.pdf.
CMS has announced a correction to their bulletin about proposed PY2021-24 QIP performance measure changes, which we forwarded as https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2018/08/06/9-10-qip-py2021-24/. Depression Screening is NOT proposed to be eliminated in PY2021, and Pain Assessment IS proposed to be eliminated in PY2021. We’ve corrected our earlier bulletin. Comments on the proposed changes are due by September 10, 2018.
CMS has released the proposed ESRD QIP Technical Specifications for PY2021, 2022, and 2024. Proposed changes include:
- Elimination of Pain Assessment (NOT Depression Screening as indicated earlier), NHSN Healthcare Personnel Vaccination, Anemia Management, and Serum Phosphorous in PY2021.
- New measures for Medication Reconciliation Reporting and Existing-Patient Transplant Waitlist for PY2022.
- A new measure for Incident-Patient Transplant Waitlist in PY2024.
EQRS 2.0 will be installed during regular overnight maintenance on August 9, 2018, and training on EQRS 2.0 will be offered on August 9 and repeated on August 10, 2018. For more information see http://mycrownweb.org/education_/training-calendar/ for August.
The same calendar announces a New User Training on August 14, 2018.
Slides and recordings of CROWNWeb Town Halls can be found at http://mycrownweb.org/events/. The July 26, 2018 Town Hall included a review of Pain Assessment and Depression Screening.
CROWNWeb has announced the topic for their July 26, 2018 Town Hall meeting: The Journey From CROWNWeb to EQRS. The head of the EQRS program, P. Nicole Crenshaw, will discuss the vision for EQRS, as well as the transition from CROWNWeb, ESRD QIP and REMIS to EQRS. Additionally, the call will provide an overview of completing the Pain Assessments and Depression Screenings in CROWNWeb. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-event-the-journey-from-crownweb-to-eqrs/.
The February CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, including articles on the new CROWNWeb Data Submission Stopwatch and reminder emails, a report on Data Quality Improvement, announcement of a February 22, 2018 CROWNWeb Town Hall, and reminders of the February 28, 2018 CROWNWeb and QIP submission deadlines for FEMA Disaster Area and non-disaster area Clinical Months, ICH CAHPS Attestation, Pain Assessment, and Depression Screening. Find a copy at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/February_Newsletter_508.pdf.