CMS has announced a correction to their bulletin about proposed PY2021-24 QIP performance measure changes, which we forwarded as https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2018/08/06/9-10-qip-py2021-24/. Depression Screening is NOT proposed to be eliminated in PY2021, and Pain Assessment IS proposed to be eliminated in PY2021. We’ve corrected our earlier bulletin. Comments on the proposed changes are due by September 10, 2018.
CMS has released the proposed ESRD QIP Technical Specifications for PY2021, 2022, and 2024. Proposed changes include:
- Elimination of Pain Assessment (NOT Depression Screening as indicated earlier), NHSN Healthcare Personnel Vaccination, Anemia Management, and Serum Phosphorous in PY2021.
- New measures for Medication Reconciliation Reporting and Existing-Patient Transplant Waitlist for PY2022.
- A new measure for Incident-Patient Transplant Waitlist in PY2024.
EQRS 2.0 will be installed during regular overnight maintenance on August 9, 2018, and training on EQRS 2.0 will be offered on August 9 and repeated on August 10, 2018. For more information see http://mycrownweb.org/education_/training-calendar/ for August.
The same calendar announces a New User Training on August 14, 2018.
Slides and recordings of CROWNWeb Town Halls can be found at http://mycrownweb.org/events/. The July 26, 2018 Town Hall included a review of Pain Assessment and Depression Screening.
CROWNWeb has announced the topic for their July 26, 2018 Town Hall meeting: The Journey From CROWNWeb to EQRS. The head of the EQRS program, P. Nicole Crenshaw, will discuss the vision for EQRS, as well as the transition from CROWNWeb, ESRD QIP and REMIS to EQRS. Additionally, the call will provide an overview of completing the Pain Assessments and Depression Screenings in CROWNWeb. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-event-the-journey-from-crownweb-to-eqrs/.
CMS has released a proposed rule for the CY2019 ESRD PPS, titled Proposed Updates to Policies and Payment Rates for the ESRD PPS, … QIP; and Payment for Renal Dialysis Services Furnished to Individuals with AKI and a fact sheet summarizing it. The ellipsis in the title refers to durable medical equipment changes included in the same proposed rule. Find the fact sheet at https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2018-Fact-sheets-items/2018-07-11.html.
The fact sheet includes summaries of:
- Removing the Healthcare Personnel Vaccination, Pain Assessment, Anemia Management, and Serum Phosphorus reporting measures from the PY2021 QIP.
- Restructuring domains and weights in the PY2021 QIP.
- Expanding NHSN validation in both PY2021 and PY2022.
- Adding measures for Percentage of Patients Waitlisted and Medication Reconciliation to the PY2022 QIP.
- Adding a measure on Standardized First Transplant Waitlist Ratio for Incident Patients to the PY2024 QIP.
The proposed rule can be found on the Federal Register at https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2018-14986.pdf. Comments must be received by September 10, 2018.
The February CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, including articles on the new CROWNWeb Data Submission Stopwatch and reminder emails, a report on Data Quality Improvement, announcement of a February 22, 2018 CROWNWeb Town Hall, and reminders of the February 28, 2018 CROWNWeb and QIP submission deadlines for FEMA Disaster Area and non-disaster area Clinical Months, ICH CAHPS Attestation, Pain Assessment, and Depression Screening. Find a copy at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/February_Newsletter_508.pdf.
CROWNWeb has announced after the fact that the submission deadline for the first reporting period of the PY2019 QIP Pain Assessment and Follow-Up Reporting Measure, in CROWNWeb, has been extended from July 31, 2017 to August 31, 2017, at 8:59 PM PDT.