CDC’s Emergency Partners Information Connection (EPIC) will hold an April 24, 2019 webinar on Cultural Competence in Preparedness Planning. When a disaster strikes a community, it often affects people of minority cultural backgrounds disproportionately. Cultural competency can help public health communicators reduce this disparity. Find more details and register for the webinar at https://emergency.cdc.gov/epic/learn/webinar_20190424.asp. See https://emergency.cdc.gov/epic/learn/index.asp for recordings of past EPIC webinars.
News about Coalition for Compassionate Care of California events:
- September 25, 2018*: Pediatric Webinar Series: Transitioning Adolescents into Adult Care webinar. For details and registration see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pediatric-webinar-series-transitioning-adolescents-into-adult-care-tickets-43993853801?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- September 27, 2018*: End of Life Option Act: Learnings from California’s Experience webinar. For details and registration see https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1154324874371036930?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- October 2, 2018: Compassion in Action, When East Meets West, Sacramento, Chinese American Coalition for Compassionate Care; free seminar, lunch provided. RSVP by September 26, 2018. See http://www.caccc-usa.org/?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- October 18, 2018*: Pediatric Webinar Series: Deep in the Weeds, Medical Marijuana and Pediatric Palliative Care webinar, For details and registration see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pediatric-webinar-series-deep-in-the-weeds-medical-marijuana-and-pediatric-palliative-care-tickets-48706566652?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- April 8-9, 2019: CCCC Annual Summit, San Francisco, for everyone who wants to learn more about palliative care, share innovative practices and be part of a growing movement to improve the care of seriously ill people of all ages. For details see http://ccccsummit.org/?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
* Check with CCCC about times for these webinars; their bulletin says PST, but the rest of California is on PDT, so it’s hard to say which they intend.
HealthInsight ESRD Network 18 will hold their 2018 Quality Conference July 16, 2018 in Los Angeles. Topics will include preserving renal function, emergency preparedness, cultural awareness and sensitivity, patient engagement and advocacy, the impact of dialysis, and CROWNWeb. Five CEs will be provided. Find details and register at http://www.esrdnetwork18.org/ or http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07efdferr9f760399d&llr=gfuz7mxab.