If you plan to attend the March 2-3, 2017 Northwest Renal Dietitians Annual Conference in Seattle, register by February 15 to avoid a late fee. For details see http://www.nwrdonline.org/ .
The January 2017 issue of the Northwest Renal Network’s Network 16 News has hit the streets. The headline article covers details about the new CMS reimbursement of outpatient dialysis facilities for treating Acute Kidney Injury or AKI. The article also announces a February 22, 2017 NRAA webinar on AKI rules, facts, and expert interpretation of the gray areas. Keep an eye on http://www.nraa.org/index.php/meetings/webinarstop/nraa-webinar-wednesday-series for details about the webinar and registration information.
The issue also contains an invitation for a patient or care partner to volunteer as a Subject Matter Expert on the Network’s Patient Advisory Council, and links to the following:
- Seattle NWRD Conference on March 2-3, 2017, https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/nw-1231-nwrd-conference/
- Portland OPSC Forum on March 3, 2017, https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/33-opsc-patient-safety-forum/
- Portland NKF/PKG Patient & Community Education Symposium on March 5, 2017, https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2017/01/25/nw-35-pkg-educational-symposium/
- Seattle NKF Kidney Walk on March 26, 2017, https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/12/12/32617-kidney-walk-seattle/
- Orlando FL NKF Spring Clinical Meetings on April 18-22, 2017, https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/11/02/113-nkf-spring-clinical-stipend-deadline/
Find a copy of this Network 16 News issue at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/Nw16N/N16N.0117.pdf or any Network 16 News issue in the archives at https://nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html .
NKF and the Council on Renal Nutrition are seeking a volunteer to replace the retiring Chairperson of the NKF Spring Clinical Meeting Strategies II Program in Advance Practice for Renal Dietitians. If you’re interested or know someone qualified who might be, contact email@example.com .
The NKF Professional Education Resource Center or PERC is offering a new online continuing-education course, and a new live webinar, for renal professionals:
- Navigating Health Insurance: How Public Options, Private Coverage and Charitable Assistance Can Work Together for ESRD Patients, webinar, January 17, 2017, CE credits for nurses/technicians, dietitians, social workers; more information and registration at http://education.kidney.org/content/navigating-health-insurance-how-public-options-private-coverage-and-charitable-assistance
- Ready..Set..Wait: The Time Between Listing and Transplant, online course on supporting patients through this passage, CE credits for social workers; more information and registration at http://education.kidney.org/content/ready%E2%80%A6set%E2%80%A6wait%E2%80%A6-time-between-listing-and-transplant
The 2017 Northwest Renal Dietitians Annual Conference will be held in Seattle March 2-3, 2017. Rapidly-approaching deadlines for abstract and poster submission, scholarship application, and exhibitor registration are all December 31, 2016. For more information see http://www.nwrdonline.org/ and http://www.nwrdonline.org/conference-overview .
NKF offers a number of webinars under their Professional Education Resource Center or PERC, many of which offer free continuing education credits for multiple disciplines. Some examples:
- Social Work Collaboration for Transplant Patients
- Evidence-Based Social Work
- Anemia and Cardiovascular Disease
- Nephropathic Cystinosis
- Western Diets: Are We Killing Our Patients?
- Ethical Issues When Family Interferes with Transplant
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cardiometabolic Diseases
- Living Kidney Donations
- Early Detection and Prevention
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Hepatitis C
- Mineral and Bone Disorder
- Minorities, Transplant, and Home Dialysis
- ESRD Core Survey
- Depression and Pain
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Lipid Management
- Journal of Renal Nutrition articles
See http://education.kidney.org/courses for information and registration.
We’ve placed the September 2016 issue of Network Consumer News, the Northwest Renal Network patient newsletter, on the Network 16 website at https://nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/ncn.html . This issue covers access to care, involuntary discharge, and Network 16’s grievance process. This month we’ve included a Spanish edition, a large-print version, a feedback form, and a flyer about the September 23-25, 2016 AAKP National Patient Meeting in Nashville.
For more information on the following details about the AAKP Meeting, see https://www.aakp.org/images/downloads/AAKP_ConvBroch_2016_online.pdf
- AAKP is partnering with the Living Kidney Donor Network to present a free September 22, 2016 workshop on Having Your Donor Find You
- To arrange for dialysis while in Nashville, schedule it by August 31, 2016
- To receive conference rates at the AAKP Meeting hotel, you must reserve your accommodations by August 31, 2016
- To receive discounted airfare from Southwest Airlines, make reservations by September 7, 2016
- Continuing Education credits are available for RNs, MSWs, and RDs