CDC will present a free February 22, 2018 webinar on Empowering Nurses to Protect Themselves and Their Patients: Exploring Best Practices in Injection Safety. For details and registration, see https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=g3qmrx0o1rdc&campaign=j5n63qeujgek. For recordings of previous webinars, see https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/training/safe-healthcare-webinars.html.
CDC has issued a “HAN” Health Advisory on increased influenza A(H3N2) activity and its clinical implications. The HAN also includes a summary of influenza antiviral drug treatment recommendations, an update about approved treatment drugs and current supply, and background information for patients about influenza treatment. Find the HAN at https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/han00409.asp.
CMS has also recently published a list of flu vaccine resources, at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/FFSProvPartProg/Provider-Partnership-Email-Archive-Items/2016-12-08-eNews.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLSort=0&DLSortDir=descending#_Toc468862699.
CDC vaccination recommendations for the 2017-18 influenza season can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/indrr_2017.html . Find additional CDC resources at https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/professionals/Dear-Colleague-Letter-2017-2018.pdf and https://www.cdc.gov/flu/ .
CDC and Medscape also present a continuing education (ACCME and ANCC) opportunity on these recommendations; see https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/cme/medscape_cme.html .
KCER has published their October 2017 Newsletter, with articles on the following:
- Emergency Preparedness Requirements Go into Effect November 15, 2017
- Flu Season is Here: Time for a Shot
- How to Prepare for a Wildfire
- Emotional Support After a Disaster
- Protecting Your Dialysis Vascular Access
- Handwashing After a Disaster
CMS has published an MLN Matters on “2017-2018 Influenza (Flu) Resources for Health Care Professionals.” Find it at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNMattersArticles/downloads/SE17026.pdf .
The Northwest Renal Network September 2017 Patient Bulletin is all about Flu Shots – it’s Vaccination Time of the year. Find the Bulletin at https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/mon.html .
We’ve added a new issue of Network 16 News to our website, with recommendations for this year’s Influenza Vaccination schedule and dosage.
The issue also includes notes o:
- Network 16’s October 22, 2017 Annual Quality Conference in Tukwila WA (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/101-nw16-quality-conference/)
- ANNA’s September 23-25 Nephrology Nursing Practice, Management & Leadership Conference in Miami FL (see https://www.annanurse.org/events/nephrology-nursing-practice-management-leadership-conference)
- NW Kidney Kids’ September 24 “Strut Your Kidney” walk and run in Portland OR (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/nw-924-kidney-kids-event/).
Find Network 16 News at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html .