The US Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy offers a Job Accommodation Network (JAN) website that centralizes information on finding employment, and on employing people with disabilities. Their Kidney Disease page includes links to:
- A list of Accommodation Resources
- A list of relevant organizations
- Information for both individuals and employers
- Relevant publications, resources, searches, FAQs, trainings, and other topics
- Free technical assistance and confidential consultations
Find the JAN website at http://askjan.org/media/kidn.htm .
We’ve added a new patient poster/flyer on
- Are You Thinking About Going Back to Work?
to the Network website at https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/mon.html . The flyer lists resources to help you find rewarding employment.
Contact our Patient Services Director Lisa Hall, at firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have questions, or ideas for future topics.
We’ve updated the Network Vocational Rehabilitation Toolkit – see http://www.nwrenalnetwork.org/SW/VR/VocToolkit.pdf for the latest revision. If you lose the link, you can find it from the Network home page by clicking “For Clinical Staff” and then “Our overview Social Worker page” under “Social Workers.”