Donate Life Northwest remind us that February 14, 2020 is National Donor Day, and provides links to facilitate its celebration at https://mailchi.mp/donatelifenw.org/february-2020-donate-lifeline?e=d7486be0ed. This web page also provides information about their March 12, 2020 Volunteer Orientation course in Portland, their Fundraising Team for the April 24-26, 2020 Eugene Marathon, planned giving, and their Threads of Life quilting project (quilt squares are due February 17, 2020).
UCLA’s CORE Kidney Program has announced the timing of their next several webinars, UKEEP meetings, and annual Kidney Fair at the Beach. They will present:
- A December 3, 2019 webinar on the UCLA CORE Kidney Program itself called Giving Tuesday; find a poster about it, with registration information, at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/UKEEP/UCLACore120719.pdf.
- A December 8, 2019 UKEEP meeting on Drugs and Medications: What You Need to Know.
- A January 16, 2020 webinar on High Blood Pressure: What You Need to Know.
- A February 13, 2020 webinar on Living Kidney Donation.
- Their May 17, 2020 Kidney Fair at the Beach.
For more information on these and to RSVP, see https://www.uclahealth.org/core-kidney/upcoming-events.
Just a reminder that the LA Kidney Walk will occur October 13, 2019 in Encino CA, and volunteers are welcome to help with setup on October 12. Kidney Walkers find sponsors to donate to help raise funds to support NKF’s many ways that they support kidney patients, providers, and research. The LA Walk is only 38% of the way toward their fundraising goal. Find full details at http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Walk/NKFServingtheWest?fr_id=9026&pg=entry.
The UCLA CORE Kidney Program has announced that they’ll be participating in the 115th Annual Huntington Beach Fourth of July Parade & Festival. For more information on this and other UCLA CORE Kidney and UKEEP events, see https://www.uclahealth.org/core-kidney/upcoming-events. For instance, their webinar on Alport Syndrome is coming up on July 11, 2019, as well as UKEEP’s patient meeting on High Blood Pressure on July 14. Recordings of past UCLA CORE Kidney and UKEEP webinars, on topics such as Transplantation, Fabry’s Disease, Adult PKD, and more, can be found at https://www.uclahealth.org/core-kidney/past-events.
They’ve also announced the date for their 2020 UCLA Kidney Health Fair & Spirit Walk for Kidney Disease, May 17, 2020. Find more information at https://www.uclahealth.org/core-kidney/kidney-health-fair.
NKF has scheduled 2019 Kidney Walks for the following places and dates:
- Irvine CA September 22, 2019, http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Walk/NKFServingtheWest?pg=entry&fr_id=9035.
- Boise ID September 29, 2019, http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Walk/UtahampIdaho?pg=entry&fr_id=9172.
- Encino CA October 13, 2019, http://donate.kidney.org/site/TR/Walk/NKFServingtheWest?pg=entry&fr_id=9026.
There appear to be none scheduled for Washington, Oregon, Montana, or Alaska. For more information on Kidney Walks, see https://secure2.convio.net/nkf/site/SPageNavigator/kidney_walk_splash.html.
Tickets must be purchased by February 18, 2019 for the March 23, 2019 Donate Life NW Night to watch the Portland Trailblazers play the Detroit Pistons. A portion of the price will be donated to Donate Life Northwest. For details see https://www.fevo.com/edp/Donate-Life-NW-Night-d5BPeB7.
Mark your calendar for the Tabor Trot fun walk/run and gathering the morning of May 26 at beautiful Mt.Tabor Park on the Saturday before Memorial Day. See past photos, video, more information, and register at http://www.tabortrot.com/. We’ve already posted information on other Donate Life Northwest events in Portland (April 22, May 7) and Medford OR (April 11-15); for details see our Patient Calendar at the link above. Donate Life Northwest has also recently added four new Portland volunteer opportunities:
- May 19, 2018: Tabling at OHSU (see https://www.donatelifenw.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=8410)
- May 25, 2018: Tabling at VA Hospital (see https://www.donatelifenw.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=8411)
- May 10 and 14, 2018: Training for Tabor Trot volunteers (see https://www.donatelifenw.org/news-and-events/calendar)
Donate Life has also provided details on their 2018 raffle – winners will be vacationing in Maui, Baja California, Santa Fe NM, Lake Tahoe NV, or Seaside OR – see https://www.donatelifenw.org/content/annual-raffle. For a summary of and links to all this news, see https://mailchi.mp/donatelifenw.org/april-donate-lifeline?e=d7486be0ed.