At the Network’s 2014 Annual Provider Meeting in early October, we presented five Exemplary Practice Awards to Network facilities. The Awards were…
- For Exemplary Practice in Patient Engagement: Presented to Puget Sound Kidney Centers. PSKC works with former PSKC patients who provide mentoring services to CKD patients and their families. The mentor group and each facility’s MSW conduct monthly support group meetings, quarterly educational programs, and one-on-one support. Patient mentors at PSKC also help train new nurses and technicians.
- For Exemplary Practice in Vascular Access: Presented to Downtown Spokane Renal Center. Among the 40 facilities on our 2014 Long Term Catheter project, Downtown Spokane has had the biggest reduction in long term catheter rates.
- For Exemplary Practice in Home Innovation: Presented to Northwest Kidney Centers. NKC provided support “above and beyond” in helping advance the Network’s 2014 project to reduce racial disparity in home dialysis. When approached about this project NKC was not only willing but enthusiastic. When the projected slowed they wanted to know what was next and how they could help.
- For Exemplary Practice in Healthcare Associated Infections: Presented to PSKC Smokey Point. When facilities are assigned to a Quality Improvement project like the HAI Learning and Action Network, they are given a set of minimum expectations. PSKC Smokey Point performed on average more than 500 times the minimum hand hygiene audits required.
- For Exemplary Practice in Data Excellence: Presented to Northwest Kidney Centers. NKC facilities not only completed all of the required CROWNWeb activities in 2014, but also completed it in a timely manner. NKC also continued to meet other data requirements including safe communication of data, no security incidents, and having in place the required QIMS Security Official and End User Manager for all of their units.