CMS has issued the January EQRS News, featuring articles on the specifications required for computers used to access EQRS, PY2021 PSRs and PSCs, the lack of PART verification in EQRS, the ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Closure deadlines, and the usual useful links to more information about EQRS and its environment, including the announcement of New User Training on January 19, 2021. If it’s required, the ICH CAHPS Attestation must be completed by March 1, 2021. Clinical Closure deadlines for September, October, and November 2020 have been extended to February 1, 2021. Find the January issue at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/12/january-2021-newsletter/, and a compendium of online EQRS, HARP, and QIP training resources at https://mycrownweb.org/education/.
CMS has announced that the deadline for submitting September 2020 clinical closing data into EQRS has been extended till January 4, 2021 in order to allow users more time to get up to speed on EQRS. Starting November 9, 2020, EQRS will perform the data entry role CROWNWeb has been doing. Find more information and links to recorded EQRS training material at https://mycrownweb.org/education/. Online EQRS New User Training will be offered November 17, 2020; find details and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/november-2020-new-user-training-2/.
CMS will present an October 8, 2020 webinar for anyone who advises Medicare enrollees on Getting Ready for the Medicare Open Enrollment Period. The three-hour webinar begins at 10am PDT, but you will need a CMS National Training Program account to get in, so start earlier. If you don’t already have an account, getting one is painless, but CMS has to confirm a new account before you can proceed, and they warn that confirmation can take ten minutes or more.
Anyone advising beneficiaries on Medicare Open Enrollment would also be likely to improve their advice by reviewing Beth Witten’s HDC: Insurance 101 for Social Workers, at https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/07/02/hdc-insurance-101-for-social-workers/ .
The Getting Ready webinar shares Medicare Program updates and resources to help those who assist Medicare beneficiaries to make informed decisions about their 2021 health care coverage. Create a new account if necessary at https://cmsnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/ , and find the webinar at https://cmsnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/?q=global-search&combine=Open+Enrollment . The 2020 Medicare Open Enrollment Period, during which people with Medicare can make changes to their health plans and prescription drug coverage to meet their health care needs for the following year, spans October 15 to December 7.
The CMS National Training Program includes a catalog of recorded courses and online self-paced trainings for staff members who work with Medicare, starting with Introductions that have no prerequisites. Many are repeated in Spanish. Find the course catalog at https://cmsnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/?q=ntp-courses .
The HHS Administration for Community Living ( https://acl.gov/ ) has prepared a toolkit, Preparing for a Remote Medicare Open Enrollment: Managing through COVID-19 Toolkit, containing successful practices, templates, and checklists to help you and your clients stay safe from COVID-19 during this year’s Open Enrollment. Find the Toolkit at https://www.shiptacenter.org/covid-19/toolkit .
On November 9, 2020, CMS will incorporate the roles and functionality of its legacy CROWNWeb system into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. This rollout will introduce new steps users must follow to submit facilities’ administrative and patients’ treatment-related data directly to CMS. Online EQRS New User Training will be held on October 29, 2020 and repeated on November 4, 2020. Find more information and register for the Training at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/09/nut-oct-2020-announce/.
CROWNWeb has announced that New User Training will take place on September 15, 2020. For details and registration see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/nut-mar-2020-announce-2-2/.
CROWNWeb has also published their September 2020 Newsletter, with articles on:
- The elimination of the transient patient category. They ask that no transient patients be entered into CROWNWeb after September 30, 2020. The Newsletter describes the replacement procedures.
- COVID-19 ICD Codes.
- Reminders in the EQRS Facility Dashboard.
- The usual links to recent news, Clinical Closures (unchanged from last month’s Newsletter), and useful resources.
Find the September Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/september-2020-newsletter/. According to the schedule published last November, there will be a CROWNWeb Town Hall on September 17, 2020, though it’s not mentioned in this Newsletter; see the “Facility Calendar” link at the top of this page.
CROWNWeb has created a Data Submission Stopwatch as a graphic reminder of when information must be submitted to CMS. Download the Stopwatch from https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Stopwatch-560×380.jpg. Each of the items on the Stopwatch must to be submitted within the time frame shown, as per the ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines. Download the Guidelines from https://mycrownweb.org/assets/documents/ESRD_Systems_Data_Management_Guidelines.pdf.
CROWNWeb has announced an August 18, 2020 New User Training and an August 27 Town Hall, and published an August CROWNWeb News newsletter:
- Find more information and register for the August 18 New User training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/august-2020-new-user-training/.
- Find more information and register for the August 27 Town Hall at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/august-2020-town-hall/. It will focus on EQRS and CW data management requirements, late-breaking news, and deadline reminders.
- Find the August CROWNWeb News at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/07/august-2020-newsletter-2/.
The August News features articles on:
- The PY2021 QIP Preview Period that runs through August 31, 2020 (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/07/17/8-31-py2021-qip-preview-period-ends/ for details),
- How to access the EQRS QIP User Interface,
- CW data management guidelines,
- How to route questions to CW,
- The third-quarter Clinical Closure schedule, and
- The usual extensive list of links to useful CW resources.
The CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines are August 31, 2020 for July data, November 2 for August data, and November 30 for September data, but your Network may require earlier data submission.
The March CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, with articles on the 2744 Annual Facility Survey, 2744 Errors and Reports, Guidance for Submission of CMS-2728/CMS-2746, HARP Account Needed for EQRS Users, EQRS System Deadline Updates, and Clinical Closures, plus the usual collection of very useful links and notes. Find the Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/02/march-2020-newsletter/. Noteworthy dates include:
- March 16, 2020 – QIP deadline for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan, and December 2019 Clinical Data Submissions (extended from March 2, 2020; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/02/28/3-2-eqrs-qip-deadline-extended-to-march-16/).
- March 17, 2020 – CROWNWeb New User Training, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 26, 2020 – CROWNWeb Town Hall re EQRS data management requirements, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 31, 2020 – 2019 Form 2744 completion.
- March 31, 2020* – Clinical Closure for January 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- April 30, 2020* – Clinical Closure for February 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- June 1, 2020* – Clinical Closure for March 2020 CROWNWeb data.
* Your Network may require earlier Closure.
CDC has issued new documents on ICD10 coding for the current “COVID-19” (nee “2019-nCoV”) coronavirus that first warranted attention in December 2019 in Wuhan, China:
- New ICD-10-CM code for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), October 1, 2020; Effective: February 20, 2020 – see https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/Announcement-New-ICD-code-for-coronavirus-2-20-2020.pdf.
- ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guidelines – Supplement: Coding encounters related to COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak; Effective: February 20, 2020 – see https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/ICD-10-CM-Official-Coding-Gudance-Interim-Advice-coronavirus-feb-20-2020.pdf.
These documents are put into context on CDC’s ICD10-CM page at https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd10cm.htm.
CMS has also created a new billing code specific to testing for the COVID-19 virus. For details see https://www.cms.gov/outreach-and-educationoutreachffsprovpartprogprovider-partnership-email-archive/2020-02-20#_Toc32923423.
CMS has released an updated version of EQRS/CROWNWeb that supports QIP CY2020 data reporting requirements. It includes Medication Reconciliation (“MedRec”) fields on the CROWNWeb Manage Clinical screens. The QIP MedRec Reporting Measure requirement, which assesses evaluation of patients’ medication, begins with PY2022, and data reporting for it begins January 2020 for all HD and PD patients. Facilities don’t need to enter MedRec data into EQRS/CROWNWeb during 2019; however, the new release allows review of the MedRec fields in preparation for use in 2020. A draft of Version 5.0 of the CMS ESRD Measures Manual for the 2020 Performance Period includes a chapter on the MedRec Measure (pp. 147-151); find it at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/ESRDQIP/Downloads/Measures-Manual-v50.pdf.
For assistance with EQRS/CROWNWeb or the ESRD QIP, contact the ESRD QIP Support Team using the ESRD QIP Q&A Tool at https://cmsqualitysupport.service-now.com/qnet_qa. If you have questions or concerns on use of the ESRD QIP application, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-288-8912, 5am-5pm PT, Monday-Friday.