On November 9, 2020, CMS will incorporate the roles and functionality of its legacy CROWNWeb system into the ESRD Quality Reporting System, EQRS. This rollout will introduce new steps users must follow to submit facilities’ administrative and patients’ treatment-related data directly to CMS. Online EQRS New User Training will be held on October 29, 2020 and repeated on November 4, 2020. Find more information and register for the Training at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/09/nut-oct-2020-announce/.
CROWNWeb has announced that New User Training will take place on September 15, 2020. For details and registration see https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/nut-mar-2020-announce-2-2/.
CROWNWeb has also published their September 2020 Newsletter, with articles on:
- The elimination of the transient patient category. They ask that no transient patients be entered into CROWNWeb after September 30, 2020. The Newsletter describes the replacement procedures.
- COVID-19 ICD Codes.
- Reminders in the EQRS Facility Dashboard.
- The usual links to recent news, Clinical Closures (unchanged from last month’s Newsletter), and useful resources.
Find the September Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/08/september-2020-newsletter/. According to the schedule published last November, there will be a CROWNWeb Town Hall on September 17, 2020, though it’s not mentioned in this Newsletter; see the “Facility Calendar” link at the top of this page.
CROWNWeb has created a Data Submission Stopwatch as a graphic reminder of when information must be submitted to CMS. Download the Stopwatch from https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Stopwatch-560×380.jpg. Each of the items on the Stopwatch must to be submitted within the time frame shown, as per the ESRD Systems Data Management Guidelines. Download the Guidelines from https://mycrownweb.org/assets/documents/ESRD_Systems_Data_Management_Guidelines.pdf.
CROWNWeb has announced an August 18, 2020 New User Training and an August 27 Town Hall, and published an August CROWNWeb News newsletter:
- Find more information and register for the August 18 New User training at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/august-2020-new-user-training/.
- Find more information and register for the August 27 Town Hall at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/august-2020-town-hall/. It will focus on EQRS and CW data management requirements, late-breaking news, and deadline reminders.
- Find the August CROWNWeb News at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/07/august-2020-newsletter-2/.
The August News features articles on:
- The PY2021 QIP Preview Period that runs through August 31, 2020 (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/07/17/8-31-py2021-qip-preview-period-ends/ for details),
- How to access the EQRS QIP User Interface,
- CW data management guidelines,
- How to route questions to CW,
- The third-quarter Clinical Closure schedule, and
- The usual extensive list of links to useful CW resources.
The CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines are August 31, 2020 for July data, November 2 for August data, and November 30 for September data, but your Network may require earlier data submission.
The March CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, with articles on the 2744 Annual Facility Survey, 2744 Errors and Reports, Guidance for Submission of CMS-2728/CMS-2746, HARP Account Needed for EQRS Users, EQRS System Deadline Updates, and Clinical Closures, plus the usual collection of very useful links and notes. Find the Newsletter at https://mycrownweb.org/2020/02/march-2020-newsletter/. Noteworthy dates include:
- March 16, 2020 – QIP deadline for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Clinical Depression Screening and Follow-Up Plan, and December 2019 Clinical Data Submissions (extended from March 2, 2020; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2020/02/28/3-2-eqrs-qip-deadline-extended-to-march-16/).
- March 17, 2020 – CROWNWeb New User Training, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 26, 2020 – CROWNWeb Town Hall re EQRS data management requirements, https://mycrownweb.org/2020/03/th-mar-2020-announce/.
- March 31, 2020 – 2019 Form 2744 completion.
- March 31, 2020* – Clinical Closure for January 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- April 30, 2020* – Clinical Closure for February 2020 CROWNWeb data.
- June 1, 2020* – Clinical Closure for March 2020 CROWNWeb data.
* Your Network may require earlier Closure.
CDC has issued new documents on ICD10 coding for the current “COVID-19” (nee “2019-nCoV”) coronavirus that first warranted attention in December 2019 in Wuhan, China:
- New ICD-10-CM code for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), October 1, 2020; Effective: February 20, 2020 – see https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/Announcement-New-ICD-code-for-coronavirus-2-20-2020.pdf.
- ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guidelines – Supplement: Coding encounters related to COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak; Effective: February 20, 2020 – see https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/ICD-10-CM-Official-Coding-Gudance-Interim-Advice-coronavirus-feb-20-2020.pdf.
These documents are put into context on CDC’s ICD10-CM page at https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd10cm.htm.
CMS has also created a new billing code specific to testing for the COVID-19 virus. For details see https://www.cms.gov/outreach-and-educationoutreachffsprovpartprogprovider-partnership-email-archive/2020-02-20#_Toc32923423.
CMS has released an updated version of EQRS/CROWNWeb that supports QIP CY2020 data reporting requirements. It includes Medication Reconciliation (“MedRec”) fields on the CROWNWeb Manage Clinical screens. The QIP MedRec Reporting Measure requirement, which assesses evaluation of patients’ medication, begins with PY2022, and data reporting for it begins January 2020 for all HD and PD patients. Facilities don’t need to enter MedRec data into EQRS/CROWNWeb during 2019; however, the new release allows review of the MedRec fields in preparation for use in 2020. A draft of Version 5.0 of the CMS ESRD Measures Manual for the 2020 Performance Period includes a chapter on the MedRec Measure (pp. 147-151); find it at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/ESRDQIP/Downloads/Measures-Manual-v50.pdf.
For assistance with EQRS/CROWNWeb or the ESRD QIP, contact the ESRD QIP Support Team using the ESRD QIP Q&A Tool at https://cmsqualitysupport.service-now.com/qnet_qa. If you have questions or concerns on use of the ESRD QIP application, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at email@example.com or 866-288-8912, 5am-5pm PT, Monday-Friday.
CROWNWeb (“CW”) has released the November edition of the CROWNWeb Newsletter. In it you’ll find articles on their new Community of Practice series detailing best practices collected from the 20,000 authorized CW users, on CW online training, on the CW Admit Patient and CW Initial 2728 Worksheets, on Clinical Closures, and they also announce the November 12, 2019 New User Training. Find the Newsletter at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/10/november-2019-newsletter/.
CROWNWeb has announced that a pdf and recording of the August CROWNWeb Town Hall is now available, at http://mycrownweb.org/events/. The August webinar covered an ESRD Systems Data Accuracy review, and Ultrafiltration. A date has not been announced for a September Town Hall, if there is to be one.
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California is conducting a survey to better understand the level of interest and engagement in a state-wide electronic Registry of Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST). POLST is a form that gives seriously-ill patients more control over their end-of-life care, including medical treatment, extraordinary measures (such as a ventilator or feeding tube) and CPR. Printed on bright pink paper, and signed by both a patient and physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant, POLST can prevent unwanted or ineffective treatments, reduce patient and family suffering, and ensure that a patient’s wishes are honored. Since it’s designed to be readily available to all healthcare practitioners in any setting or circumstance, electronic availability would promote its purpose. For more information and a sample of the California form, see https://capolst.org/. Take the survey, if possible before August 9, 2019, at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3XC2PGX.