The Renal Support Network has published a March 7, 2018 KidneyTalk podcast on Renal Warrior: the Power is Within You, a story about a 300-pound 34-year-old who, surprised by an unanticipated diagnosis of severe hypertension and ESRD, took responsibility for his own continued Life. Through a very gradual increase in exercise, he has lost 130 pounds over the last eighteen months, and is now on the transplant waitlist. Find the recording of the podcast, including a link to his ongoing Facebook page, at http://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/renal-warrior-power-within/.
The University of Washington Medical Center Team Transplant provides a life-changing wellness program for transplant recipients and their support team through regular exercise, healthy eating and community support, while promoting organ donation awareness. They will hold their Annual Fundraising Dinner February 24, 2018 on the UW campus. For more information on the Dinner and on Team Transplant, and to register for the Dinner, see http://www.cvent.com/events/team-transplant-s-annual-fundraising-dinner/event-summary-9929a6b93dcc4d1996b2693577152b25.aspx.
The NKF Professional Education Resource Center offers three more new free online CE courses for social workers:
- Depression Screening Tools: Policy and Nephrology Social Work Interventions
- Support of Renal Patients and Families Facing End-Of-Life Care Decisions: A Nephrology Social Worker’s Reflection
- Navigating Health Insurance: How Public Options, Private Coverage and Charitable Assistance Can Work Together For ESRD Patients
For more information and registration, see http://education.kidney.org/courses .
The NKF Professional Education Resource Center offers three new free online CE courses for social workers:
- Motivational Interviewing in Dialysis Adherence Study, http://education.kidney.org/content/motivational-interviewing-dialysis-adherence-study
- Transition of Care in ESRD: Teens to Adults, http://education.kidney.org/content/transition-care-esrd-teens-adults
- Pediatric Quality Assessments and Process Improvement: QAPI from Soup-to-Nuts, http://education.kidney.org/content/transition-care-esrd-teens-adults
The California Dialysis Council will present their 35th Annual Education Conference March 2-4, 2017 in Desert Hot Springs CA. The Conference will include sessions on PD, fluid management, facility ratings, staffing, worries, survey issues, HIPAA audits, CEO/CMO panel, disaster planning, legislation, and motivation. Exhibitors must register by January 30, 2017. Early attendee registration discounts, and registration cancellation refunds, are available till February 3, 2017, and room reservations at the Conference hotel till February 8, 2017. Find the Conference brochure at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CADialysis0317.pdf . Find additional information and register at http://www.californiadialysis.org/events/35th-Annual-Educational-Conference-2017-46/details .