NKF and PKG will present a March 3, 2019 Patient & Community Education Symposium in Portland OR on Lifestyle Makes a Difference: Controlling What You Can. Early registration is recommended because space is limited. For details see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/PKG/NKF.EdSym.PKG0319.pdf.
The Network 16 website includes important information about the Network 16 Grievance Process:
- For Providers: https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/patient-services/grievances.html includes English and Spanish versions of the Network 16 Grievance Poster, and Grievance Brochure.
- For Patients and Care Partners: https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/voice.html includes English and Spanish versions of the Network 16 Grievance Poster, Grievance Brochure, links to the National Forum of ESRD Networks’ Grievance Toolkits, and a list of State Survey Agency contacts.
Keep in mind that no patient should ever suffer any retaliation for filing a grievance. The Network is here to assist facilities and patients in resolving any concerns that may arise, in a collaborative and positive manner. All facilities are required to:
- Prominently display the ESRD Network 16 Grievance Poster in your lobby or another area that is accessible to patients and guests, including a Spanish copy if appropriate for your patients.
- Ensure that all patients understand how to file a grievance with you, with the Network, and with the State.
You can also print some brochures and pass them out to patients or have them available in your lobby.
ESRD Network 16 is recruiting for new volunteers to serve on our Patient Advisory Committee (PAC). PAC members:
- Advise on Network education and outreach
- Assist with Network Quality Improvement Activity design and interventions
- Meet with Medicare (CMS) on conference calls to provide feedback from a patient perspective
Most PAC activities are conducted by phone call and email, though there are occasional opportunities for in person meetings. Any travel to in-person meetings will be funded by the Network.
Please share the Informational Flyer at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/PAC/Nw16PACFlyer1118.pdf, and the Application form at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/PAC/Nw16PACForm1118.pdf, with patients and care partners in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington that might be interested. Application forms are due to the Network by November 26, 2018.
ANNA Chapter 503 will hold evening Meet & Greet meetings in Portland OR on November 7, 2018 and in Chehalis WA November 8, 2018, providing opportunities to meet your ANNA 503 Chapter Officers and Education Planning Committee, and local Nephrology Colleagues. Registration is required by noon on November 7 (tomorrow), but a $5 donation will buy you dinner during the scheduled talk on The Role of Parsabiv in the Treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (HPT) in Adult Patients on Hemodialysis. For all the details see:
- https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/ANNA/ANNA110718.pdf for Portland on November 7
- https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/ANNA/ANNA110818.pdf for Chehalis on November 8
We apologize for the short notice.
NKF and the Portland Kidney Group will hold their Annual Holiday Party on November 11, 2018. Light kidney-friendly food and drinks will be provided, so you need only bring your family, your friends, and your appetite. However, please RSVP before November 4 with the number of people you expect to bring, so an appropriate amount of food can be stocked! A renal dietitian will talk about hearty but kidney-friendly holiday cooking. Volunteers to help with the Party will be welcomed. Find all the details you’ll need at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/PKG/PKG.Holiday.Party.2018.pdf.
The Portland Kidney Group invites patients and care partners to their October 30, 2018 Support Group Meeting in Milwaukie OR. Topics of discussion will include treatment options and holiday coping strategies. Kidney-friendly refreshments will be provided, but RSVP is requested. For details see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/PKG/PKG1018.pdf.
The Northwest Chapter of CNSW will hold their Fall 2018 Educational Conference in Issaquah WA on November 2, 2018. Topics include Bioethics, Transplant, and End of Life. The Conference offers six CEUs. Find details and register at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CNSW/CNSW.FALL.2018.pdf. Use this form if registering via credit card: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CNSW/CNSW.CE.Fall.2018.pdf.