Employment Options will hold a free September 28, 2017 online webinar on Jobs Fair Tips and Tricks, and an October 12, 2017 online Jobs Fair. Find full details and register at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/webinar-registration-page/ for the September 28 webinar and at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/register-for-virtual-job-fair/ for the October 12 Jobs Fair.
Employment Options will present a free August 31, 2017 webinar on Myths and Facts about the Ticket to Work Program for patients on SSDI and SSI. Find more information and register at https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=346r6myw26vz&campaign=2ju8b1lssy7f . The webinar is open to anyone, but capacity is limited, so even if you’re registered, you must still be among the first 250 people to join in on the event day.
My Employment Options will present a free July 27, 2017 webinar on Returning To Work When Receiving SSD/SSI: Common Benefit Related Questions. My Employment Options is an Employment Network that helps people with disabilities return to work as part of the free national Ticket to Work program, offering Work-At-Home and Onsite jobs in 47 states. The webinars are open to anyone but limited to 250 people, so early registration and early login on the day of the webinar are recommended. For more information and registration see https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/webinar-registration-page/ and https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/ .
My Employment Options also offers free personal job placement services at any time for anyone receiving SSDI or non-retirement SSI benefits; apply at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/ .
AAKP and MEI have released their report on KidneyWorks: A Job Retention Program for People with CKD. Recommendations for providers include:
- Offer appointment times that accommodate patients’ work schedules
- Talk with patients and families about the benefits of working and avoiding disability when possible
- Remember that patients who can keep their jobs are more likely to retain employer group health plans that will bring in more revenue to a practice or clinic than Medicare or Medicaid
- Consider the societal benefits of a healthier population with fewer hospitalizations, less anxiety and depression, and a more active lifestyle
You can download an Executive Summary or the full report from http://www.kidneyworks.org/kidneyworks-white-paper/ .
My Employment Options will present a free webinar on Interview Tips: What to Do Before, During, and After on June 22, 2017. Employment Options staff hosts free monthly webinars to help their clients and the public learn helpful career skills tips and learn information about the Ticket to Work program. Register for the webinar at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/webinar-registration-page/ .
AKF will present a June 16, 2017 webinar on Protein: Who Needs It Anyway? You Do! Find details and register at http://www.kidneyfund.org/training/webinars/ .
At the same web page you can find recordings of their past webinars, including:
- Humanizing Dialysis; Choosing the best type of treatment for kidney failure can be difficult for patients, especially when they receive little guidance
- Saying no to dialysis: choosing conservative care for end-stage kidney disease
- A patient’s perspective: Be your own advocate; Navigating the health care system as a patient can be challenging
- Heart disease and kidney disease – what’s the connection? – Heart disease can cause kidney disease, and kidney disease can cause heart disease
- Unique strategies for improving the effectiveness of exercise training in patients with kidney failure
- Paired kidney exchanges and opportunities for kidney transplant in minority patients
- Living with diabetic kidney disease; Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney disease, and many people suffer from both conditions
- Enfermedad de los riñones crónica: prevención y tratamiento; Con motivo de la celebración del Mes de la Herencia Hispana, ¡brindaremos nuestro primer seminario web en español!
- Emergency preparedness and kidney disease – using KCER as a resource
- Organ transplant among minorities: How we can reduce the need and improve access
- I need a kidney transplant. Am I covered now? What about in the future?
- Staying employed with kidney disease; A diagnosis of kidney failure doesn’t have to mean quitting your job
- What CAN I eat? Nutrition for dialysis patients
- Living with chronic kidney disease: The ups, downs, and all arounds
- Chronic Kidney Disease: A General Overview and Keys for Successful Management
My Employment Options will present a free Town Hall Meeting wherein six participants in the Social Security Ticket to Work program for job seekers with disabilities will talk about their experiences with the program. For information and registration see https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/webinar-registration-page/ . Early login is recommended, as the number of lines is limited.