ESRD Network 16 is recruiting for new volunteers to serve on our Patient Advisory Committee (PAC). PAC members:
- Advise on Network education and outreach
- Assist with Network Quality Improvement Activity design and interventions
- Meet with Medicare (CMS) on conference calls to provide feedback from a patient perspective
Most PAC activities are conducted by phone call and email, though there are occasional opportunities for in person meetings. Any travel to in-person meetings will be funded by the Network.
Please share the Informational Flyer at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/PAC/Nw16PACFlyer1118.pdf, and the Application form at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/PAC/Nw16PACForm1118.pdf, with patients and care partners in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington that might be interested. Application forms are due to the Network by November 26, 2018.
DPC’s next Educational Call is an October 22, 2018 webinar called Laugh Will and Testament: Using Humor to Contemplate Mortality and Enjoy Life. See the poster below and http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-seminars for details. RSVP at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-call-rsvp to get a reminder.
The DPC Education Center is a treasure trove of information on kidney disease; find it at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/. Mark your calendar for future Educational Calls on November 15 and December 13, and 2019 Calls on January 24, February 28, March 28, April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, August 22, September 26, October 24, November 28, and December 26.
Recordings of the 43rd AAKP National Patient Meeting, held June 8-10, 2018 in St. Petersburg FL, are now available online, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT_eU7vwGtHSapN8PKc-Hw. Sessions include:
- Assessing Dialysis Facility Quality: CMS Engagement of Kidney Patients
- Innovations in Kidney Disease Care
- Paving the Way for a Better Tomorrow: Understanding Clinical Trials
- Improving Kidney Care and Treatment Options – NIH Kidney Precision Medicine Project
- Innovation, Patient Focus and Care Improvement – Veterans Administration Leadership in Kidney Care
- Nutrition 101: Understanding & Enjoying Your Kidney-Friendly Diet
- Patient-Centered Kidney Disease Care: How to Change the Status Quo
HealthInsight ESRD Network 18 will hold their 2018 Quality Conference July 16, 2018 in Los Angeles. Topics will include preserving renal function, emergency preparedness, cultural awareness and sensitivity, patient engagement and advocacy, the impact of dialysis, and CROWNWeb. Five CEs will be provided. Find details and register at http://www.esrdnetwork18.org/ or http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07efdferr9f760399d&llr=gfuz7mxab.
This year’s topic for the Renal Support Network’s Annual Essay Contest, for people diagnosed with CKD, is Who Inspires, Encourages, or Educates You to Live Well with Kidney Disease? First prize is $500. Winning entries are published in print and online. Essays must be submitted by August 10, 2018. For full information and to enter the contest, see http://www.rsnhope.org/essay-contest/.
AAKP has rescheduled their Annual Patient Meeting that was canceled in 2007 because of Hurricane Irma. The Meeting is now scheduled for June 8-10 in St. Petersburg FL. For details see https://aakp.org/national-patient-meeting/.