The Portland Kidney Group has published the poster for their August 26, 2018 NKF-PKG Kidney Wellness Fair & Community Picnic in Portland; RSVP by August 20. They’ve also updated their 2018 calendar to include two new patient support groups, September 5, 2018 in Tigard OR, and October 3 in Clackamas OR, in addition to their November 11 Ninth Anniversary Holiday Gathering in Portland. Find the revised calendar at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/P/PKG/PKGcal2018.pdf, and the new poster for the August 26 Fair and Picnic at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/P/PKG/PKGpic2018.pdf. They don’t mention the August 20, 2018 RSVP-by date on the poster, but they have in earlier announcements, so to play it safe you may want to call in before August 20.
Recordings of the 43rd AAKP National Patient Meeting, held June 8-10, 2018 in St. Petersburg FL, are now available online, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT_eU7vwGtHSapN8PKc-Hw. Sessions include:
- Assessing Dialysis Facility Quality: CMS Engagement of Kidney Patients
- Innovations in Kidney Disease Care
- Paving the Way for a Better Tomorrow: Understanding Clinical Trials
- Improving Kidney Care and Treatment Options – NIH Kidney Precision Medicine Project
- Innovation, Patient Focus and Care Improvement – Veterans Administration Leadership in Kidney Care
- Nutrition 101: Understanding & Enjoying Your Kidney-Friendly Diet
- Patient-Centered Kidney Disease Care: How to Change the Status Quo
Oregon Health Sciences University will hold a free July 21, 2018 Transplant Picnic for recipients, donors, patients on a waitlist, health care providers, friends, and family members. For more information see https://www.ohsu.edu/xd/health/services/transplant/about-us/outreach-programs/upload/Event-Flyer.pdf. No RSVP is necessary.
The Tacoma Dialysis Support Group will meet on April 8, 2018, and the second Sunday of every month thereafter. For details see below.
PKG and NKF have announced the Portland Kidney Group patient support schedule for 2018. The next event will be their Kidney Wellness Fair & Community Picnic on August 26 in Portland. RSVP by August 20, 2016. See below for details on this and their November 11, 2018 Ninth Anniversary Holiday Gathering.
AAKP has rescheduled their Annual Patient Meeting that was canceled in 2007 because of Hurricane Irma. The Meeting is now scheduled for June 8-10 in St. Petersburg FL. For details see https://aakp.org/national-patient-meeting/.