Recordings of the 43rd AAKP National Patient Meeting, held June 8-10, 2018 in St. Petersburg FL, are now available online, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT_eU7vwGtHSapN8PKc-Hw. Sessions include:
- Assessing Dialysis Facility Quality: CMS Engagement of Kidney Patients
- Innovations in Kidney Disease Care
- Paving the Way for a Better Tomorrow: Understanding Clinical Trials
- Improving Kidney Care and Treatment Options – NIH Kidney Precision Medicine Project
- Innovation, Patient Focus and Care Improvement – Veterans Administration Leadership in Kidney Care
- Nutrition 101: Understanding & Enjoying Your Kidney-Friendly Diet
- Patient-Centered Kidney Disease Care: How to Change the Status Quo
Legacy Transplant Services will present four classes on Is Kidney Transplant Right for You? in Portland during 2018, on March 7, May 3, September 12, and November 8. For details see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/Legacy/LegacyTrx0318.pdf, and register at http://www.legacyhealthevents.org.
NKF and Swedish Medical Center will present a March 3, 2018 in-person workshop in Seattle called The Big Ask, The Big Give: A Workshop on Living Donation. The free half-day workshop will provide tools to find a living kidney donor, educate family and friends about living donation, and tell your story through social media and other channels. For details see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/DONATE/BABG.0318.pdf.
The Erase the Wait program will present a training in Portland OR for volunteer transplant mentors on February 24, 2018, and for CKD and dialysis patients on March 18, March 25, and April 1, 2018. For details see https://www.erasethewait.org/about, the graphic below, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGkYnpQpgMM.
Previous Erase the Date mentor and mentee participants are invited to a reunion in Portland on March 14, 2018; for details see https://www.donatelifenw.org/civicrm/event/info?id=8390&reset=1.
Discounted ticket sales for Donate Life Northwest’s Family Night Trailblazers basketball game March 30, 2018 in Portland close on February 26, 2018.
Legacy Transplant will present a free November 16, 2017 class, Is Transplant Right for You? in Portland and Tualatin OR for patients, family, friends, and anyone who wants to learn about kidney transplantation and kidney donation. For more information and to register, see:
- Portland, http://www.cvent.com/d/btqn0d . Simultaneous Spanish interpretation is available in Portland only, but it must be requested, at 503-413-6555, by 5pm PDT November 13, 2017.
Donate Life Northwest will sponsor training, peer support, and mentorship for dialysis patients on living donation transplants, in Portland OR November 5, 12, and 19, 2017. They will also sponsor a training for mentors on October 7, 2017. See below for details:
Donate Life Northwest will present Transplant Education classes for dialysis patients on September 23 and October 8, 2017 at their offices in downtown Portland. Contact Aimee Adelmann at 503-494-7836 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.