The ESRD National Coordinating Center will present an October 8, 2020 webinar at noon PDT on The Kidney Caregiver Peer Connection Call. Too often the only person that can understand what you’re going through is someone who’s been there. The webinar is open to caregivers and patients who are affected by CKD, and offers strategies for wellness and support from fellow caregivers and care partners. To listen to the presentation, call 844-740-1264 and enter access code 133 121 4744. Find the video (without sound) by clicking HERE and enter Webex event number 133 121 4744 and password Peer2020! (including the exclamation point at the end).
This week’s ESRD NCC COVID-19 weekly half-hour “Quickinars” will be:
- For patients: July 7, 2020, COVID-19: What is a Second Wave and Is One Coming?
- For providers: July 8, 2020, COVID-19 and Infection Prevention.
Find more information and register at https://esrdncc.org/en/covid-19/covid-quickinars/.
The FDA has announced the Class II recall of the following Baxter/Gambro HD Cartridge blood sets because of potential for tubing disconnection:
- Gambro Cartridge Blood Set Prime Line, Product Code 101025, UDI 37332414007837, 56 lots; see https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ires/index.cfm?Product=181127.
- Gambro Cartridge Blood Transport System for Hemodialysis Blood Set, Product Code 109536, UDI 37332414085217, 4 lots; see https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ires/index.cfm?Product=181241.
- Gambro Cartridge Low Volume Blood Transport System for Hemodialysis Blood Set, Product Code 114434, UDI 47332414112395, 5 lots; see https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ires/index.cfm?Product=181242.
- Gambro Cartridge Low Weight-Low Volume Blood Transport System for Hemodialysis Blood Set, Product Code 114435, UDI 37332414112401, 3 lots; see https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ires/index.cfm?Product=181243.
CROWNWeb has formally announced their November 12, 2019 New User Training. For details see http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/new-user-training-november/.
Starting January 1, 2020, with few exceptions, all Medicare billing must use the new MBIs, Medicare Beneficiary Identifers, rather than the old Health Insurance Claim Numbers or HICNs. Make sure your patients’ old Medicare cards have been shredded, to avoid exposing their Social Security Number to scammers. Find instructions for billing, helping patients who haven’t gotten a new card, and other details of the transition, at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/FFSProvPartProg/Provider-Partnership-Email-Archive-Items/-2019-10-24-eNews.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLSort=0&DLSortDir=descending#_Toc22641919.
As part of last week’s National Dialysis Technician Recognition Week (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2019/09/25/10-14-technician-technologist-appreciation-week/), the Renal Support Network’s KidneyTalk podcast series has published an audio recording called Dialysis Techs: The Front-Line Care, where an experienced Dialysis Technician talks about what their day is like. Find the podcast at https://www.rsnhope.org/kidneytalk/dialysis-techs-front-line-care/.
We mistakenly used the Kent remit address rather than the Issaquah Conference address in the previous bulletin announcing the November 8, 2019 CNSW NW Fall Educational Conference that will be held in Issaquah. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
CROWNWeb has announced at May 23, 2019 Town Hall meeting. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/may-2019-town-hall/.
UCLA Health will present a webinar on Peritoneal Dialysis: What You Should Know at 11:30 am PT April 3, 2019. For details and registration see https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eg4kczil240ae932&oseq=&c=&ch=.
AAKP and George Washington University will hold the inaugural Global Innovations in Patient-Centered Kidney Care Conference May 21-23, 2019 in Washington DC. The aim is to gather healthcare professionals, academics, government leaders and regulators, industry experts, entrepreneurs, and patient advocates to promote better kidney disease treatment. Attendance is free to kidney patients and medical students. Find more information and registration at https://aakp.org/global-summit/, and the tentative agenda at https://aakp.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/GLOBAL-SUMMIT-AGENDA_ONLINE-3-12-19.pdf.