Poster abstracts are due April 18, 2021 for the June 22-23, 2021 Palliative Care Summit on the topic of Working Together: Forging the Future of Serious Illness Care, co-hosted by the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California. For poster details see https://mailchi.mp/coalitionccc.org/call-for-posters-2019-annual-palliative-care-summit-and-january-webinar-reminders-746677. Register for the virtual Summit at https://ccccsummit.org/registration/, and find out more about the Summit from the menu items at the top of the registration web page.
A partial list of April 2021 CEU and other staff education opportunities follows:
- April 2021 weekdays: FMC Global Medical Office Medical Education Online Webinar Series and Product Training Presentations. Multiple topics, many repeated monthly, CEUs available. New for April: Clinical & Surgical Management of Non-Infectious Complications of PD, Virtual PD Product Demonstrations, ESRD Care: New CMS Payment Models and Resources. Find details and register at https://custom.cvent.com/0C5715850B334257947E1386198E9836/files/33a31c5178af411a82d4608ad5d39703.pdf.
- April 15, 2021: CMS National Training Program Medicare Update & Education Webinar. Find details and register at https://cmsnationaltrainingprogram.cms.gov/moodle/login/index.php.
- April 15, 2021: Advanced Renal Education Home Dialysis Webinar on A Patient’s Journey Through Transitional Care. CEUs available. Find details and register at https://web.cvent.com/event/5431acd7-886f-4c2a-85ca-2a1d1889b772/summary.
- April 20, 2021: EQRS New User Training. Find details and register at https://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/april-2021-new-user-training/.
- April 22, 2021: Advanced Renal Education Home Dialysis Webinar on Vascular Access in HHD & Hands-on Self-Cannulation Training. CEUs available. Find Details and register at https://web.cvent.com/event/c9dd79e6-b4ae-4adc-b336-edb43ccfc042/summary.
- April 23, 2021: PFCC webinar on Reigniting Partnerships with Patients and Families. Find details and register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIpcO2urj0rHt32Rc8UPd8iLWbDoFOMtkTB.
- April 29, 2021: KDIGO webinar on CKD-MBD Guideline: 4 Years On and Time for Change? Find details and register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/330719217881283595.
Note that Continuing Education Credit may be available even where not indicated above.
KDIGO will present an April 13, 2021 webinar on Management of Hyperkalemia: New Guidance, Emerging Evidence, and Changing Therapies. Find details and register at https://onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:QS!10100&ShowUUID=98FFFA96-5141-4ED7-9C8F-EB41DB2A897E.
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California will present an April 6, 2021 webinar on Trust as a Key to Reducing Health Disparities, covering the historical roots of distrust in healthcare, particularly among racial and ethnic groups, unconscious bias, and tools that can improve trust. One CEU will be available for nurses and social workers. Find details and register at https://mailchi.mp/coalitionccc.org/no-one-should-die-alone-on-the-street-746653.
EQRS has published their April News letter, featuring articles on
- Continuing the January 29, 2021 advice to suspend entry of Clinical Data, ICH CAHPS Attestation, and Depression Screening/Follow-Up into EQRS until further notice. Find details at https://mycrownweb.org/2021/01/eqrs-system-announcement-jan-2021/.
- Overview of KCER’s participation in the March 2021 EQRS Town Hall.
- Emergency Preparedness Checklist.
- A note on how EQRS data supports CMS and the ESRD NCC.
- A reminder that Clinical Data submissions have been suspended.
- Notice of New User Training on April 20, 2021.
And the usual comprehensive list of relevant resources. Find the News at https://mycrownweb.org/2021/03/april-2021-newsletter/.
The National Forum of ESRD Networks has published their flyer on What Kidney Patients Need to Know about the COVID-19 Vaccine in Spanish. A link to it has been added to the Forum’s web page on Resources & Links for Kidney Patients, along with the English version and many other documents on COVID-19 and CKD. Find it at https://esrdnetworks.org/resources-news/covid-19-information-resources/resources-for-kidney-patients/.
Dialysis Patient Citizens has begun hosting a one-hour Support Group call for CKD patients, at noon PT on the second Tuesday of each month. Find details and register at https://www.dpcedcenter.org/news-events/news/join-us-for-our-new-patient-support-group/. Find more information and a link to a downloadable poster at https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2021/03/02/3-9-new-dpc-telephone-support-group/.
National Patient Safety Awareness Week (PSAW) is March 14-20, 2021. Some useful resource collections:
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement PSAW pages, http://www.ihi.org/Engage/Initiatives/Patient-Safety-Awareness-Week/Pages/default.aspx. They include a free March 16, 2021 expert panel discussion on Workplace Violence: Protecting Healthcare Workers – register at http://www.ihi.org/education/WebTraining/Webinars/workplace-violence-protecting-health-workers/Pages/default.aspx.
- The ESRD 5-Diamond Patient Safety Program, assisting dialysis facilities to improve both staff and patient awareness of specific patient safety areas, promoting patient safety values, and building a culture of patient safety in every dialysis facility, https://5diamondpatientsafety.org/Home.aspx. The Program includes a COVID-19 Module.
- Center for Patient Safety PSAW Toolkit, https://forward.centerforpatientsafety.org/psaw-toolkit-download – sample tabletop trifold below.
March is National Kidney Month, and March 11, 2021 is World Kidney Day. The theme for this year’s World Kidney Day is Living Well with Kidney Disease, aimed toward increasing education and awareness about effective symptom management and patient empowerment, with the ultimate goal of encouraging life participation. Find our more at https://www.worldkidneyday.org/2021-campaign/. This year’s National Kidney Month is focused around taking charge of your health and the many factors that go into managing your kidney disease. Find out more about National Kidney Month at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/community-health-outreach/national-kidney-month.
NKF and OHSU will co-sponsor a March 14, 2021 webinar on The Big Ask, the Big Give: Finding a Living Donor for a kidney transplant. Find information below, and register at https://kidney.secure.force.com/rc_connect__campaign_designform?id=7013a000002EDcTAAW&form=00P3a00001ZHrYXEA1&.
The webinar will be presented again by NKF on March 28, 2021; register for the March 28 version at https://kidney.secure.force.com/rc_connect__campaign_designform?id=7013a000002E7HmAAK&form=00P3a00001YUbsgEAD&=.