The 2017 NANT Annual Symposium will be held February 20-23 in Las Vegas NV. Registration is now open, and attendees registering prior to January 31, 2017 will receive free business cards. Corporations registering multiple attendees receive discounts. Up to 26.3 continuing education contact hours are available. Find full details at http://dialysistech.net/events/2017-annual-symposium .
The NKF Professional Education Resource Center or PERC is offering a new online continuing-education course, and a new live webinar, for renal professionals:
- Navigating Health Insurance: How Public Options, Private Coverage and Charitable Assistance Can Work Together for ESRD Patients, webinar, January 17, 2017, CE credits for nurses/technicians, dietitians, social workers; more information and registration at http://education.kidney.org/content/navigating-health-insurance-how-public-options-private-coverage-and-charitable-assistance
- Ready..Set..Wait: The Time Between Listing and Transplant, online course on supporting patients through this passage, CE credits for social workers; more information and registration at http://education.kidney.org/content/ready%E2%80%A6set%E2%80%A6wait%E2%80%A6-time-between-listing-and-transplant
NKF offers a number of webinars under their Professional Education Resource Center or PERC, many of which offer free continuing education credits for multiple disciplines. Some examples:
- Social Work Collaboration for Transplant Patients
- Evidence-Based Social Work
- Anemia and Cardiovascular Disease
- Nephropathic Cystinosis
- Western Diets: Are We Killing Our Patients?
- Ethical Issues When Family Interferes with Transplant
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cardiometabolic Diseases
- Living Kidney Donations
- Early Detection and Prevention
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Hepatitis C
- Mineral and Bone Disorder
- Minorities, Transplant, and Home Dialysis
- ESRD Core Survey
- Depression and Pain
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Lipid Management
- Journal of Renal Nutrition articles
See http://education.kidney.org/courses for information and registration.
NKF has announced the following deadlines for their April 18-22, 2017 Spring Clinical Meetings in Orlando FL:
- December 2, 2016 – Abstract Submission deadline (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/122-nkf-spring-meetings-abstract-deadline/ )
- January 13, 2017 – Educational stipend application deadline
- February 3, 2016 – Discounted Early Registration expires
- February 27, 2017 – Hotel reservation deadline
They’ve also announced:
- NANT will have their own program at the Meetings, including both clinical and biomedical sessions
- Added pre-conference courses on kidney stones, ultrasound, palliative care, and vascular access
- ABIM MOC points will be offered
- More inter-professional sessions
- 5K Fun Run on April 22, 2016
The Spring Meetings have separate programs for physicians, pharmacists, advanced practitioners, nephrology nurses, renal and clinical dietitians, nephrology social workers, transplant professionals, and dialysis technicians. Find the conference programs at https://www.kidney.org/spring-clinical/program , general information at https://www.kidney.org/spring-clinical , and register at https://www.kidney.org/spring-clinical/registration/fees .
The Mid-Columbia Nephrology Seminar in Richland WA will be held October 16, 2016. Topics include dialysis access, organ stunning, new technologies, empathy, and home dialysis. Nine hours of CEUs will be available for RNs and PCTs. See https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/MidCol16.pdf for details.
The California Dialysis Council (CADialysis or CDC) offers an online exam for the Certified Hemodialysis Technician or CHT professional designation, the California equivalent of the Patient Care Technician or PCT certification. CADialysis also offers an online Hemodialysis Review Course for CHT exam preparation. The Course also provides eleven CEU contact hours for nurses. For more information see http://www.californiadialysis.org/cht-exam/index.aspx .
This year’s Mid-Columbia Nephrology Seminar in Richland WA will be held October 16, 2016. Discounts to the registration fee are available until October 1, 2016. Topics include dialysis access, organ stunning, empathy, new technologies, and home dialysis. Nine hours of CEUs will be available for RNs and PCTs. For detail see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/MidCol16.pdf .
A BONENT PCT certification exam will be held on October 15, 2016 in Richland; for details see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/8319151013-bonent-certification/ .