The Oregon Patient Safety Commission will present a half-day March 15, 2019 workshop on Nurturing a Culture of Psychological Safety in Healthcare Organizations with an emphasis on professionalism. CME credits will be available. Early registration expires January 31, 2019. For details and registration see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/8th-annual-oregon-patient-safety-event-registration-53026084446.
CROWNWeb has announced the topics for their January 17, 2019 Town Hall meeting. They encompass completing Calendar Year 2018 CROWNWeb reporting requirements, including requirements and closure dates for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Pain Assessment, Depression Screening, and the CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey. Several new EQRS features will also be presented. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2019-town-hall/.
The CNSW OR-SW WA Chapter will present a March 13, 2019 Workshop in Portland on Ethics: It’s All about You. Topics will include medical ethics and professional values, racial disparities, healthcare access, and advocacy. Six CEUs are pending. For details see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/CNSW/CNSW.ORWAMar2019Ethics.pdf.
The January CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, and can be found at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/January_2019_Newsletter_508.pdf. This issue includes:
- A summary of 2018’s improvements to CROWNWeb, EQRS, and ESRD QIP software, and educational efforts.
- Who must file Exemption Attestations from ICH CAHPS for 2017, and how to do it. Attestations must be filed by February 28, 2019.
- CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines. Note that your Network may require earlier data submission.
- Announcement of a January 17, 2019 CROWNWeb Town Hall meeting.
- Links to important CROWNWeb resources.
Online CROWNWeb New User Training will be held January 8, 2019, for new users and anyone needing a refresher course. For details and to register see http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/crownweb-new-user-training-jan-2019/. You can also at any time take or review any of the 26 more specific CROWNWeb Tutorials found at http://mycrownweb.org/education_/training-courses/.
The HealthInsight HIPAA Pass program has scheduled online HIPAA trainings for January and February:
- January 29, 2019 – All-staff HIPAA Orientation/Refresher Training
- February 26, 2019 – HIPAA Privacy and Security Boot Camp
Find information about these and other HIPAA trainings at https://healthinsight.org/hipaapass#events, and about their more comprehensive Risk Assessment programs at https://healthinsight.org/hipaapass.
The ESRD National Coordinating Council will host four January webinars to introduce 2019 QIA projects, all to be held at noon PST. Find more information and register at the links provided:
- BSI January 8, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/bsi-qia-lan/.
- Home Dialysis January 15, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/home-modality-qia-lan/.
- Transplant, January 22, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/transplant-qia-lan/.
- Patient Experience of Care, January 23, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/patient-experience-of-care-peoc-lan/.