AAKP will present a September 5, 2018 HealthLine webinar on Prepping and Staying Safe During Emergencies. Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7744112574633446145.
Donate Life Northwest is dedicated to helping transplant candidates maintain hope while waiting for an available matching kidney. They offer training to volunteers for various situations. Their upcoming training, volunteering, and celebration schedule includes:
- August 14, 2018 – School Speaker training in Portland OR
- August 15, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Bend OR
- August 16, 2018 – School Speaker training in Portland OR
- September 4, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Portland OR
- September 8, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Vancouver WA
- September 8, 2018 – Donor Family Picnic in Salem OR
- September 13, 2018 – School Speaker training in Eugene OR
- September 13, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Eugene OR
- September 16, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Portland OR
- September 23, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Portland OR
- November 7, 2018 – Lifesavers Breakfast
For more details, see https://mailchi.mp/donatelifenw.org/sharing-hope-this-summer. This web page also introduces their new Latino Outreach Coordinator, Donor stories in English and Spanish, winners of their recent raffle, and information on including Donate Life Northwest in your estate, insurance, or financial plans.
Dialysis Patient Citizens will present an August 16, 2018 webinar on Home Dialysis: Is It Your Best Treatment Option? Register at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/.
The video My Choice, Home Dialysis has been placed on YouTube where it can be accessed easily. It features patients describing the advantages of home dialysis in their own words. Find it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZquRiZ0RwSU. For subtitles:
- Click on the gear symbol (“Settings,” in the lower right)
- Click on “Subtitles/CC(2) Off >”
- Click on “Spanish – Default” or “English – Default”
YouTube can also translate subtitles into more than a hundred additional languages.
Employment Options has announced that recordings of the audio and presentation slides are available from their July 2018 webinar on the impact that employment may (or may not) have on SSI and SSDI benefits. Find the recordings at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/benefit-questions-webinar-archive/.
They’ve also announced that their next Job Fair will be held on October 11, 2018. For Job Fair information see https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/register-for-virtual-job-fair/.
AAKP HealthLine, KidneyWorks (https://www.kidneyworks.org/), MEI, and several ESRD Networks, will collaborate to present a free August 7, 2018 webinar called Keep on Truckin’: Keeping or Getting Back to Work with Kidney Disease. Registration is required, at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2282601924470068481. The webinar will be recorded and archived along with other past HealthLine sessions; see http://aakp.org/aakp-healthline/ for more information.
High temperatures are still expected and, because of nearby wildfires, Air Quality Alerts are posted “until the fires are extinguished” for:
- Jackson County Oregon; see https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=ORZ026&warncounty=ORC029&firewxzone=ORZ622&local_place1=Ashland%20OR&product1=Air+Quality+Alert&lat=42.1963&lon=-122.71.
- San Joaquin Valley California; see https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ092&warncounty=CAC107&firewxzone=CAZ292&local_place1=6%20Miles%20ENE%20Visalia%20CA&product1=Air+Quality+Alert&lat=36.3663&lon=-119.306.
Excessive heat remains in the forecast for most of Southern California except the coast, through July 28, 2018, with peaks nearing 120°F in the hottest places; see https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ061&warncounty=CAC065&firewxzone=CAZ261&local_place1=Palm%20Desert%20CA&product1=Excessive+Heat+Watch&lat=33.7338&lon=-116.3928.
CMS requires Networks to track the status of facility operations and patient access to treatment during emergency events. If the operations of your facility, or ability for patients to have access to dialysis are impacted by emergency events, please let your Network know right away. For reporting instructions, and information on hydration, keeping cool, and preventing fires, see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/7-4-8-heat-and-fire-danger/.