CCCC will present a January 30, 2018 webinar on Adding Palliative Care Services to Your Hospice License in California as allowed by new California law SB294. The webinar will be free to members of CCCC and partner organizations. For details and to register, see https://mailchi.mp/coalitionccc/upcoming-education-opportunities-from-cccc-743973.
MEI has released the 6th Edition of their Core Curriculum for the Dialysis Technician. The print version is available now, with mobile and internet versions, and continuing-education practice tests to be added soon. For details see https://meiresearch.org/cc6.
IHI will offer two professional certification and other educational programs during 2017-18 that may be of interest to dialysis personnel:
- Improvement Coach
- Five webinars: August 30, October 11, 18, and 25, November 29, 2017
- Two three-day in-person workshops in Cambridge MA: mid-September and mid-November 2017
- For details see http://www.ihi.org/education/InPersonTraining/ImprovementCoach/Improvement-Coach/Pages/default.aspx
- Improvement Advisor
- Introductory conference call August 23, 2017
- Application deadline September 8, 2017
- Three four-day in-person workshops in Boston MA: October 23-26, 2017, February 25-March 1, 2018, and June 11-14, 2018
- Monthly webinars between workshops
- For details see http://www.ihi.org/education/InPersonTraining/improvement-advisor/Pages/default.aspx
- Virtual Training
- Various online programs; see http://www.ihi.org/education/WebTraining/Pages/default.aspx
- Audio and Visual Programs
IHI will also sponsor two conferences on quality improvement in the US during 2017:
- Fall 2017 IHI Change Conference: Leading at the Edge
- Taught by current and former IHI CEOs
- October 30-31, 2017 in Cambridge MA
- See http://www.ihi.org/education/Conferences/fall-2017-ihi-change-conference/Pages/default.aspx
- IHI National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care
- December 10-13, 2017 in Orlando FL
- Deadline for poster proposals is September 29, 2017
- See http://www.ihi.org/education/Conferences/Forum2017/Pages/default.aspx
And two International Forums on Quality and Safety, in Malaysia in August 2017, and in South Africa in February 2018: see http://www.ihi.org/education/Conferences/Pages/default.aspx .
The California Dialysis Council (CADialysis or CDC) offers an online exam for the Certified Hemodialysis Technician or CHT professional designation, the California equivalent of the Patient Care Technician or PCT certification. CADialysis also offers an online Hemodialysis Review Course for CHT exam preparation. The Course also provides eleven CEU contact hours for nurses. For more information see http://www.californiadialysis.org/cht-exam/index.aspx .
“Pencil and paper” certification exams for Dialysis Patient Care Technicians will be held by the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT) on the following schedule:
- Richland WA October 15, 2016; Register before August 31, 2016 (preceding the Mid-Columbia Nephrology Seminar; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/1016-mid-columbia-nephrology-richland-wa/ )
- Lancaster CA October 30, 2016; Register before September 15, 2016
- Lancaster CA November 27, 2016; Register before October 13, 2016
Exams will be held for Certified Hemodialysis Technologist/ Technician (CHT), Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN), Certified Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse (CPDN), and Certified Hemodialysis Bio-Medical Technician (CHBT). Find the full international schedule at http://bonent.org/ppe-exam-schedule.php , application instructions at http://www.bonent.org/application.php , and the application form at http://bonent.org/downloads/application-form.pdf .
BONENT also offers Computer Based Testing (CBT) in the following locations:
- California: Bakersfield, Burbank, Fresno, Long Beach, San Diego, Whittier, and Yucaipa
- Alaska: Anchorage and Soldotna
- Idaho: Boise, Lewiston, Moscow, Pocatello, and Post Falls
- Montana: Billings and Bozeman
- Oregon: Medford and Portland
- Washington: Bellingham, Spokane, and Tacoma
Application and testing details for CBT exams can be found at http://www.bonent.org/cbt-exam-schedule.php . The full list of international CBT locations is at http://www.isoqualitytesting.com/mlocations.aspx .