The California Dialysis Council (CADialysis or CDC) offers an online exam for the Certified Hemodialysis Technician or CHT professional designation, the California equivalent of the Patient Care Technician or PCT certification. CADialysis also offers an online Hemodialysis Review Course for CHT exam preparation. The Course also provides eleven CEU contact hours for nurses. For more information see http://www.californiadialysis.org/cht-exam/index.aspx .
“Pencil and paper” certification exams for Dialysis Patient Care Technicians will be held by the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT) on the following schedule:
- Richland WA October 15, 2016; Register before August 31, 2016 (preceding the Mid-Columbia Nephrology Seminar; see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/1016-mid-columbia-nephrology-richland-wa/ )
- Lancaster CA October 30, 2016; Register before September 15, 2016
- Lancaster CA November 27, 2016; Register before October 13, 2016
Exams will be held for Certified Hemodialysis Technologist/ Technician (CHT), Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN), Certified Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse (CPDN), and Certified Hemodialysis Bio-Medical Technician (CHBT). Find the full international schedule at http://bonent.org/ppe-exam-schedule.php , application instructions at http://www.bonent.org/application.php , and the application form at http://bonent.org/downloads/application-form.pdf .
BONENT also offers Computer Based Testing (CBT) in the following locations:
- California: Bakersfield, Burbank, Fresno, Long Beach, San Diego, Whittier, and Yucaipa
- Alaska: Anchorage and Soldotna
- Idaho: Boise, Lewiston, Moscow, Pocatello, and Post Falls
- Montana: Billings and Bozeman
- Oregon: Medford and Portland
- Washington: Bellingham, Spokane, and Tacoma
Application and testing details for CBT exams can be found at http://www.bonent.org/cbt-exam-schedule.php . The full list of international CBT locations is at http://www.isoqualitytesting.com/mlocations.aspx .