CMS has released a proposed rule for the CY2019 ESRD PPS, titled Proposed Updates to Policies and Payment Rates for the ESRD PPS, … QIP; and Payment for Renal Dialysis Services Furnished to Individuals with AKI and a fact sheet summarizing it. The ellipsis in the title refers to durable medical equipment changes included in the same proposed rule. Find the fact sheet at https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2018-Fact-sheets-items/2018-07-11.html.
The fact sheet includes summaries of:
- Removing the Healthcare Personnel Vaccination, Pain Assessment, Anemia Management, and Serum Phosphorus reporting measures from the PY2021 QIP.
- Restructuring domains and weights in the PY2021 QIP.
- Expanding NHSN validation in both PY2021 and PY2022.
- Adding measures for Percentage of Patients Waitlisted and Medication Reconciliation to the PY2022 QIP.
- Adding a measure on Standardized First Transplant Waitlist Ratio for Incident Patients to the PY2024 QIP.
The proposed rule can be found on the Federal Register at https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2018-14986.pdf. Comments must be received by September 10, 2018.