CMS has contracted with UM-KECC to develop one or more measures related to the quality of care provided to ESRD dialysis patients by physicians, and is recruiting transplant and dialysis patients to serve on the Technical Expert Panel that will propose such measures. Nominations are due by January 5, 2018. For details see https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/MMS/TEP-Currently-Accepting-Nominations.html#001.
User accounts on https://dialysisdata.org/ must be created or reviewed by facility Master Account Holders (MAH), and new passwords chosen, before February 1, 2018. Master Account Holders must create a separate USER account to be able to view DFRs and QDFC data; the MAH account does not provide that access. It only allows the MAH to be able to manage user accounts.
It is the MAH’s responsibility to update user contact information (including their own), transfer MAH credentials within the facility appropriately, review and enable existing user accounts, and set user-specific permissions. If MAH credentials are passed on within your facility to a new MAH, please notify your Network and update the contact information on https://dialysisdata.org/ to reflect a new contact person for the MAH.
The 2018 QDFC and PY2019 DFR schedules follow:
- The Preview Period for the April 2018 QDFC will span February 1 through February 15, 2018.
- The Preview Period for the July 2018 QDFC will span May 1 through May 15, 2018.
- The Preview Period for the October 2018 QDFC will span July 15 through August 15, 2018.
- FY2019 DFRs will be available on July 15, 2018.
- The Preview Period for the January 2019 QDFC will span November 1 through November 15, 2018.
Because nursing home patients were inadvertently omitted from the original tallies, DFRs have been recalculated and republished for facilities in Washington state that have nursing home patients. There may be small changes in the Standardized Ratios on Tables 3, 4, and 8. Facilities download their DFRs from https://dialysisdata.org/ .
The preview periods for QIP Performance Score Reports (PSR), Dialysis Facility Reports (DFR), and Quarterly Dialysis Facility Compare (QDFC) are all now open. These are distinct reports accessed through two different websites, with different preview periods. PSRs must be reviewed and commented upon by August 18, 2017; DFRs and QDFC must be reviewed and commented upon by August 15, 2017. If you’re waiting till the last day to submit your comments, verify the time of the deadline with CMS; some CMS deadlines are now 5:00 pm ET (2:00 pm PT) rather than the usual 11:59 ET (8:59 PT). Note that the following are not in order by date.
Preview QIP PY2018 Performance Score Reports
- Deadline: August 18, 2017
- Website: https://www.qualitynet.org/ (ESRD QIP 3.0)
- Point of Contact (POC)
- ESRD QIP Facility Viewer
- New users apply using EIDM and QARM online systems, the same process as applying for CROWNWeb access
- Resources: ESRD QIP 3.0 System Preview Period, http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-ESRD-QIP-Training-508-7.17.17.pdf .
- Get help at QualityNet Help Desk, 866-288-8912 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Preview Dialysis Facility Reports (DFR) and Quarterly October 2017 Dialysis Facility Compare (QDFC) report
- Deadline: August 15, 2017
- Website: https://dialysisdata.org/ .
- Master Account Holder (MAH) are designated by facility; notify network for assistance in updating/creating MAH account
- Other Users are created/enabled by MAH
- Get help from your Network Data Department
- Network 16: 206-935-3994
- Network 18: 888-268-1539
CMS has discovered an error in the calculation of the Standardized Readmission Ratio (SRR) that affects most facilities. The measure has been recalculated and is available for preview in your facility’s
- DFC: Quarterly DFC Preview for October Report
- DFR: FY 2017 Dialysis Facility Report
on https://www.DialysisData.org . The footer of these Reports will note the August 2016 production date.
Some planned readmissions were inadvertently excluded. In the recalculation, 11% of facilities nationwide show an absolute difference in SRR of more than 0.05. About 100 facilities changed SRR category on DFC. Use the Comments & Inquiries tab on https://www.DialysisData.org if you have questions on the SRR recalculation.
Because of this error, the Preview Period will be extended to August 19 at 5 PM ET to allow review of the updated Reports. The SRR information is the only change to the Reports. Refer to https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/815-dfcdfr-comments-due/ for more instructions if necessary.
QDFC-Preview for October 2016 reports and FY2017 DFRs will be available to Networks and facilities beginning July 15, 2016 on the secure website, https://www.DialysisData.org . Facilities can preview reports and submit questions about the data reported in their QDFC preview report and DFR, including comments for State Surveyors, until August 15, 2016. All comments, inquiries, and questions must be submitted using the required comment forms:
- DFC Comment for CMS
- DFR Comment for State Surveyor
- DFR Comment for UM-KECC
Via https://www.DialysisData.org . Only authenticated users who have been granted permission to submit DFC and DFR comments by their dialysis data website Master Account Holder will be able to perform this action.
CROWNWeb and QIP 1.0.0 will not be accessible between 5 pm PST Wednesday March 16, 2016 and 9 pm PST Monday March 21, due to extended system maintenance.
In addition, until future notice CROWNWeb will not be available for about an hour, starting at 6 pm PST, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and from 5 pm till 6:30 pm on Tuesdays. The System Restarts taking place at these times are intended to resolve delays in CROWNWeb response time.
Please plan accordingly, as these outages may affect your timelines for completing CROWNWeb activities. In addition to your usual data entry and correction:
- Reviewed and corrected 2744 forms are due at Network offices by April 1, 2016
- If your facility was selected for CROWNWeb Data Validation, your response is due within sixty days after the date of your January participation letter
See http://mycrownweb.org/news/ for the latest CROWNWeb news bulletins.