April 16, 2019 is National Healthcare Decisions Day. Find useful tools at:
The Coalition for Supportive Care of Kidney Patients will present a 15 November 2018 webinar on Mapping the Future: Implementation Strategies for Kidney Supportive Care. This is the first in a series of webinars that parallels a series of Nephrology News & Issues articles on “supportive care” for kidney patients that will begin in the November 2018 issue. Direct any questions you have to Kelly Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-320-0004 x2706
Register for the webinar at https://qualitynet.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/default.do?nomenu=true&siteurl=qualitynet&service=6&rnd=0.9781770900950815&main_url=https%3A%2F%2Fqualitynet.webex.com%2Fec3300%2Feventcenter%2Fevent%2FeventAction.do%3FtheAction%3Ddetail%26%26%26EMK%3D4832534b00000004cb0a9a58476d6bd293b5a9f17210c9e047618e1f532c1a7922440c6f4b391fed%26siteurl%3Dqualitynet%26confViewID%3D107244241343796963%26encryptTicket%3DSDJTSwAAAATkodchRe-HYk3NR3hmhP3ljworAPoym4g8yOkYBUMOqg2%26.
Current plans include future webinars in the series on Providing Supportive Care: Tools & Resources for the Journey in December and Best Case/Worst Case and Older Patients in January. Once they are scheduled, you can register for these webinars at https://qualitynet.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=qualitynet&service=6.
The Coalition for Supportive Care is an evolution of the earlier Kidney End-of-Life Coalition. Their mission is to “Promote effective interchange among patients, families, healthcare professionals, and payers to ensure the provision of patient-centered supportive care for patients with kidney disease. Supportive care is the continuum of palliative care and includes providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness. The goal of the Coalition is to improve the quality of life for both patients and families from the time of diagnosis through to end-of-life care.” Find out more about the Coalition for Supportive Care at https://kidneysupportivecare.org/Home.aspx.
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California will host two more presentations this year in their Pediatric Webinar Series. The first will be 13 November on Getting a Better Handle on Parents’ Bereavement: Supporting Parents Anticipating Their Child’s Death and Afterwards, and the second 6 December on Deep in the Weeds: Medical Marijuana and Pediatric Palliative Care. Find out more and register at https://mailchi.mp/coalitionccc.org/2018-spring-education-schedule-744635?e=67e1ad4c31.
Along with the Children’s Hospice Palliative Care Coalition, CCCC will also co-sponsor the 2019 Palliative Care Summit April 8-9, 2019 in San Francisco. For more information see http://ccccsummit.org/. Registration gets progressively more expensive after January 31, March 7, and April 1, 2019.
DPC’s next Educational Call is an October 22, 2018 webinar called Laugh Will and Testament: Using Humor to Contemplate Mortality and Enjoy Life. See the poster below and http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-seminars for details. RSVP at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-call-rsvp to get a reminder.
The DPC Education Center is a treasure trove of information on kidney disease; find it at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/. Mark your calendar for future Educational Calls on November 15 and December 13, and 2019 Calls on January 24, February 28, March 28, April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, August 22, September 26, October 24, November 28, and December 26.
The Northwest Chapter of CNSW will hold their Fall 2018 Educational Conference in Issaquah WA on November 2, 2018. Topics include Bioethics, Transplant, and End of Life. The Conference offers six CEUs. Find details and register at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CNSW/CNSW.FALL.2018.pdf. Use this form if registering via credit card: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CNSW/CNSW.CE.Fall.2018.pdf.
News about Coalition for Compassionate Care of California events:
- September 25, 2018*: Pediatric Webinar Series: Transitioning Adolescents into Adult Care webinar. For details and registration see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pediatric-webinar-series-transitioning-adolescents-into-adult-care-tickets-43993853801?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- September 27, 2018*: End of Life Option Act: Learnings from California’s Experience webinar. For details and registration see https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1154324874371036930?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- October 2, 2018: Compassion in Action, When East Meets West, Sacramento, Chinese American Coalition for Compassionate Care; free seminar, lunch provided. RSVP by September 26, 2018. See http://www.caccc-usa.org/?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- October 18, 2018*: Pediatric Webinar Series: Deep in the Weeds, Medical Marijuana and Pediatric Palliative Care webinar, For details and registration see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pediatric-webinar-series-deep-in-the-weeds-medical-marijuana-and-pediatric-palliative-care-tickets-48706566652?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
- April 8-9, 2019: CCCC Annual Summit, San Francisco, for everyone who wants to learn more about palliative care, share innovative practices and be part of a growing movement to improve the care of seriously ill people of all ages. For details see http://ccccsummit.org/?mc_cid=9688cbc52e&mc_eid=67e1ad4c31.
* Check with CCCC about times for these webinars; their bulletin says PST, but the rest of California is on PDT, so it’s hard to say which they intend.