On June 28, 2017, a webinar will provide an update to CMS dialysis quality measures and Star Ratings, and discuss recommendations and next steps from the recent Star Ratings Technical Expert Panel and Patient Summit. Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4557956566332806147 . Direct questions to CMSESRD@ketchum.com .
Northwest Renal Network’s June 2017 Patient Bulletin is on “What You Need to Know about Sepsis,” detailing its definition, causes, symptoms, who is likely to be vulnerable to it, and a link to more information from the National Institutes of Health, in both English and Spanish. Find a copy at https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/mon.html .
My Employment Options will present a free webinar on Interview Tips: What to Do Before, During, and After on June 22, 2017. Employment Options staff hosts free monthly webinars to help their clients and the public learn helpful career skills tips and learn information about the Ticket to Work program. Register for the webinar at https://www.myemploymentoptions.com/webinar-registration-page/ .
Northwest Renal Network (ESRD Network 16) has distributed the May 2017 version of its patient newsletter, Network Consumer News. This issue features a headline article on Stay Healthy: Medicare’s Preventive Services, and important information on What Vaccinations Do You Need?
We want your feedback on this newsletter. Please complete the brief survey on the Survey Monkey website at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/consumer05 .
All newsletter materials, including Spanish and Big-Print editions and an invitation to volunteer to be on the Patient Advisory Committee (How You Can Make a Difference: Become a Patient Subject Matter Expert), are available on the Network website at https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/ncn.html .
DPC will present a June 21, 2017 webinar on Travel Sips Travel Tips Travel Grub. Find more information and register at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-seminars . At the same web page you can find links to recording of past webinars on sex with CKD, safety, living with dialysis, goal-setting, and depression.
The Portland Kidney Group offers Peer Support for dialysis patients of all modalities, and transplant donors and recipients.
PKG and NKF will also sponsor the annual Kidney Wellness Fair & Community Picnic on August 20, 2017, and the 8th Anniversary Holiday Gathering on November 5, 2017, in Portland OR.
For details on all three, see the 2017 PKG Calendar at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/PKG2017.pdf .
AKF will present a June 16, 2017 webinar on Protein: Who Needs It Anyway? You Do! Find details and register at http://www.kidneyfund.org/training/webinars/ .
At the same web page you can find recordings of their past webinars, including:
- Humanizing Dialysis; Choosing the best type of treatment for kidney failure can be difficult for patients, especially when they receive little guidance
- Saying no to dialysis: choosing conservative care for end-stage kidney disease
- A patient’s perspective: Be your own advocate; Navigating the health care system as a patient can be challenging
- Heart disease and kidney disease – what’s the connection? – Heart disease can cause kidney disease, and kidney disease can cause heart disease
- Unique strategies for improving the effectiveness of exercise training in patients with kidney failure
- Paired kidney exchanges and opportunities for kidney transplant in minority patients
- Living with diabetic kidney disease; Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney disease, and many people suffer from both conditions
- Enfermedad de los riñones crónica: prevención y tratamiento; Con motivo de la celebración del Mes de la Herencia Hispana, ¡brindaremos nuestro primer seminario web en español!
- Emergency preparedness and kidney disease – using KCER as a resource
- Organ transplant among minorities: How we can reduce the need and improve access
- I need a kidney transplant. Am I covered now? What about in the future?
- Staying employed with kidney disease; A diagnosis of kidney failure doesn’t have to mean quitting your job
- What CAN I eat? Nutrition for dialysis patients
- Living with chronic kidney disease: The ups, downs, and all arounds
- Chronic Kidney Disease: A General Overview and Keys for Successful Management