We’ve published the agenda and brochure for the October 22, 2017 Network 16 Annual Quality Conference in Tukwila WA, near the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. The Conference will feature sessions on mental illness, fluid control, new CMS rules, AKI and residual function, and palliative care. The registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, parking, airport shuttle, and five CE credits for nurses, social workers, technicians, and dietitians. Register by October 1, 2017 to avoid a late fee. Find full details at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/NW16QC.Agenda.pdf .
The International Society for Hemodialysis will hold a Hemodialysis University conference in Chicago September 7-9, 2017. For details see http://www.ishd.org/meetings-hdu/ .
The deadline to receive the group rate for your stay at the conference hotel for the 2017 AAKP Patient Meeting is August 16, 2017. The Meeting will be held in St. Petersburg FL September 8-10, 2017.
- Make your hotel reservations at https://aws.passkey.com/event/49072138/owner/6106/home .
- Find the Meeting agenda at https://aakp.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Conv_broch2017_final_digital.pdf .
- Find more information and register at https://aakp.org/national-patient-meeting/ .
Up to 10.5 continuing education credits are available to nurses, social workers, technicians and dietitians who attend.
Hospice of the Northwest Foundation will present their Annual Bereavement Summit on August 25, 2017 in Mt. Vernon WA. Because space is limited, you are asked to RSVP to 360-814-5570 or firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2017. The topic will be Understanding Cumulative Grief and Traumatic Loss. Six CEUs are available to Social Workers. Find details below and at https://www.hospicenw.org/event/fourth-annual-bereavement-summit/ .
Northwest Renal Dietitians will hold their 2018 Annual Conference in Spokane WA March 8-9, 2018. Registration will open January 15, 2018. Topics will include the gut microbiome, hyperkalemia, KDIGO Guideline updates, vegetarian and vegan renal diets, and more. For more information see http://www.nwrdonline.org/ .
Handouts and CPE certificates from the 2017 Conference in Seattle will be available only until August 18, 2017. See http://www.nwrdonline.org/2017-handouts-cpes .
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California’s Tenth Annual Summit, on “Better Together: Forging a Path to Person-Centered Care,” will be held April 10-11, 2018 in Anaheim CA. Professionals in palliative medicine and CCCC members are invited to submit proposals for breakout sessions. The deadline is July 14, 2017. For full details see http://coalitionccc.org/training-events/annual-conference/cccc-annual-summit-call-presentations/ .
JCAHO and CMS have issued a new ruling that texting of medical orders from a personal mobile device (such as a smartphone) is no longer permitted, whether or not the texting service claims to be secure. The preferred method is to enter orders directly into the Electronic Health Record. Written order are still permitted, as are verbal orders when neither EHR nor written orders are feasible.
This is the headline article in the June 2017 issue of Network 16 News. This issue also contains:
- An article on “Are you State Survey Ready?” that provides advice on avoiding Condition Level citations.
- A note about possible confusion between HBsAg and HBeAg that can cause a facility to miss a Hepatitis B infection.
- Flags in the “Hot Dates” section on:
- The August 20, 2017 NKF Annual Community Picnic & Wellness Fair in Portland; see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/PKG.Picnic.0817.pdf
- The September 23-25, 2017 ANNA Nephrology Nursing Leadership Conference in Miami FL; see https://www.annanurse.org/events/nephrology-nursing-practice-management-leadership-conference
- The October 22, 2017 Network 16 Annual Quality Conference in Tukwila WA; see
Find all Network 16 News issues at https://nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html .