UC Irvine Health will present a free March 16, 2019 World Kidney Day symposium in Orange, CA on Kidney health, featuring leading experts in Nephrology, Urology, Transplant, and Nutrition. Patients, providers, and community members are all invited to enjoy a day of education, health screenings, refreshments, and live entertainment. For details see https://twitter.com/IFKF_/status/1103801441846587392 and https://www.facebook.com/events/638668909886763/?notif_t=event_invite_reminder¬if_id=1551199891724380.
The ESRD National Coordinating Council will host four January webinars to introduce 2019 QIA projects, all to be held at noon PST. Find more information and register at the links provided:
- BSI January 8, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/bsi-qia-lan/.
- Home Dialysis January 15, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/home-modality-qia-lan/.
- Transplant, January 22, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/transplant-qia-lan/.
- Patient Experience of Care, January 23, 2019, https://esrdncc.org/en/events/2019/january-2019/patient-experience-of-care-peoc-lan/.
Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) has released a draft of their new Transplant Candidate Guidelines for public comment until November 26, 2018. They will publish a final version after they have reviewed the comments. See https://kdigo.org/guidelines/transplant-candidate/ for details.
The Northwest Chapter of CNSW will hold their Fall 2018 Educational Conference in Issaquah WA on November 2, 2018. Topics include Bioethics, Transplant, and End of Life. The Conference offers six CEUs. Find details and register at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CNSW/CNSW.FALL.2018.pdf. Use this form if registering via credit card: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/CNSW/CNSW.CE.Fall.2018.pdf.
The local chapters of ANNA, NANT, and NKF will present the Annual Renal Update 2018 conference in Irvine CA on 21 October 2018. Topics will include pediatric nephrology, medications, dialysis history, zero infections, extracorporeal circuits, transpants, fluid management, and patient care techncians. The conference fee will include eight CE hours, breakfast and lunch. For details and registration see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/ANNA/ANNA18.18.pdf – and don’t miss the map to the venue on page 2.
Registration without late fee for the October 11, 2018 Network 16 Annual Quality Conference near the Seattle airport ends September 30, 2018. On October 1 and later, registration is $25 higher. If you’ve already registered but you’re no longer able to attend, your right to a refund also expires on September 30.
The agenda includes sessions on Innovation in Dialysis, Person-Centered Care, Home Dialysis, Disaster Preparedness, Transplants, and Mentoring. The Conference fee includes 6 CEs for nurses, social workers, techs, and dietitians, plus continental breakfast, refreshments, and lunch. Find the Agenda at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/QC2018/2018QCAgenda.pdf, and register at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07efe2a3np27c59239&llr=hakkwkrab.
The ESRD National Coordinating Center will present three additional August QIA Learning and Action Network webinars:
- Home Modality August 14, 2018; see https://esrdncc.org/en/events/20182/august-20182/home-modality-qia-lan/?date=8/1/2018.
- Transplant August 21, 2018; see https://esrdncc.org/en/events/20182/august-20182/transplant-qia-lan/?date=8/1/2018.
- Patient Experience of Care August 22, 2018; see https://esrdncc.org/en/events/20182/august-20182/patient-experience-of-care-peoc-lan/?date=8/1/2018.
The ESRD NCC calendar is kept at https://esrdncc.org/en/events/.