The June 28, 2018 CROWNWeb Town Hall, titled A Look into the Future, will include review of the CMS assessment of ESRD Quality Goals, and discussion of and screenshots of EQRS 2.0, which will combine CROWNWeb, the ESRD QIP, and REMIS. For full details and registration, see http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-event-a-look-into-the-future/.
CMS QualityNet has published an ESRD QIP Q&A web page, at https://cms-ocsq.custhelp.com/app/homeesrdqip/p/960.
You may also sign up on a “ListServ” or bulletin board to receive a variety of CMS bulletins and stakeholder discussions, including those on the ESRD QIP, HAI, and others, at https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?pagename=QnetPublic/ListServe/Register.
Recordings of the 43rd AAKP National Patient Meeting, held June 8-10, 2018 in St. Petersburg FL, are now available online, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT_eU7vwGtHSapN8PKc-Hw. Sessions include:
- Assessing Dialysis Facility Quality: CMS Engagement of Kidney Patients
- Innovations in Kidney Disease Care
- Paving the Way for a Better Tomorrow: Understanding Clinical Trials
- Improving Kidney Care and Treatment Options – NIH Kidney Precision Medicine Project
- Innovation, Patient Focus and Care Improvement – Veterans Administration Leadership in Kidney Care
- Nutrition 101: Understanding & Enjoying Your Kidney-Friendly Diet
- Patient-Centered Kidney Disease Care: How to Change the Status Quo
CMS will hold a June 20, 2018 National Provider Call on Dialysis Facility Compare. For details and registration see https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/405275978555133697.
CDC has announces a deadline extension for completing the online NHSN Agreement to Participate and Consent form, referred to as the “Consent” in this announcement. The new deadline for completing the Consent is July 9, 2018.
The Consent is accessible to only the NHSN Facility Administrator or Primary Contact user. If the Consent is not completed by the new deadline, access to NHSN will be temporarily suspended, and facilities may not be able to submit data for their QIP. Additionally, other NHSN users will receive an error message when they attempt to log in, redirecting them to the FA or Primary Contact.
For more information on how to complete the Consent process, see https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/about-nhsn/faq-agreement-to-participate.html, or direct questions to NHSN@cdc.gov.
CMS has completed its April refresh of the facility data in Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC). Details about this update can be found at https://data.medicare.gov/data/dialysis-facility-compare, and the newly updated DFC database and current five-star facility ratings can be found at https://www.medicare.gov/dialysisfacilitycompare/.
CMS also recently updated its web page on Technical Specifications for ESRD QIP Measures to include the CY2018 ESRD PPS Final Rule, and links to Technical Measure Specifications through PY2021. Find this page at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/ESRDQIP/061_TechnicalSpecifications.html.
CDC also recently updated its web page on NHSN and CMS ESRD QIP Rule and its page on the nine Core Interventions that they recommend for reducing BSI. Find these pages at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/faqs/dialysis/faq-esrd-qip.html and https://www.cdc.gov/dialysis/prevention-tools/core-interventions.html.
Issues with NHSN Dataset Generation began after the April 28, 2018 release of v8.9. The issues have compounded as heavier than normal Dataset Generation occurred around the May 15, 2018 CMS reporting deadline.
Not all NHSN users who have generated datasets have experienced issues; see below for details:
- If you attempted to generate datasets after April 28, 2018, can currently run reports, and those reports reflect the correct date and time of dataset generation in the footnotes section, then you were not impacted by the issue. Note that if you attempt to regenerate datasets prior to May 20, 2018 you may lose access to your existing reports.
- If you attempted to generate datasets after 4/28/18 and either received an “Error generating datasets” message or have not been able to access the “Reports” screen, then you were impacted by the issue. Please wait until May 20, 2018 to regenerate datasets.
Please note that while the Dataset Generation process is used as one way to confirm all data are complete, it is not required in order for data to be submitted to CMS.
If necessary, information about ESRD deadline extensions can be found on the NHSN Extraordinary Circumstance Exception website at https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier3&cid=1228776130457.
NHSN is currently targeting a fix to the Dataset Generation issue on May 19, 2018, after which you will be able to generate datasets as normal.