NHSN will present four training sessions in March, all at 12-1pm PT. Join any of the four by telephone only at 303.248.0285, Access Code 6393927. To join via computer (including audio):
- Introduction to the NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Protocol: NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance reporting is required for the CMS ESRD QIP. Complete introduction to the NHSN Dialysis Event reporting requirements and surveillance definitions necessary to complete accurate monthly reporting. Both sessions will be held 12-1pm PST.
- Advanced NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Reporting and Introduction to NHSN Reports: Applying NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance definitions via case studies that address common reporting questions. Includes introduction to running and interpreting popular NHSN reports to review your facility’s data, including BSI rates. Both sessions will be held 12-1pm PDT.
CROWNWeb has announced the topics for their January 17, 2019 Town Hall meeting. They encompass completing Calendar Year 2018 CROWNWeb reporting requirements, including requirements and closure dates for ICH CAHPS Attestation, Pain Assessment, Depression Screening, and the CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey. Several new EQRS features will also be presented. Register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/january-2019-town-hall/.
The January CROWNWeb Newsletter has been published, and can be found at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/January_2019_Newsletter_508.pdf. This issue includes:
- A summary of 2018’s improvements to CROWNWeb, EQRS, and ESRD QIP software, and educational efforts.
- Who must file Exemption Attestations from ICH CAHPS for 2017, and how to do it. Attestations must be filed by February 28, 2019.
- CROWNWeb Clinical Closure deadlines. Note that your Network may require earlier data submission.
- Announcement of a January 17, 2019 CROWNWeb Town Hall meeting.
- Links to important CROWNWeb resources.
CMS has published an MLN Matters bulletin on Implementation of Changes in the ESRD PPS and Payment for Dialysis Furnished for AKI in ESRD
Facilities for CY2019. Find it at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNMattersArticles/Downloads/MM11021.pdf.
CMS will host a 15 January, 2019 national call on the CY2019 ESRD PPS final rule and PY2021-22 QIP. Topics include legislative framework; updates to QIP measures, domain structure, and weights; and changes to NHSN data requirements and Validation Study. For details see https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/FFSProvPartProg/Provider-Partnership-Email-Archive-Items/2018-12-20-eNews.html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10&DLSort=0&DLSortDir=descending#_Toc532966944.
Your facility’s Master Account Holder (MAH) Password and User Accounts on DialysisData.org must be re-established in order to retrieve your facility’s DFR and December 2018 QDFC preview file. On December 13, 2018 all MAH passwords were reset and user accounts for https://www.DialysisData.org disabled. Networks provided the new passwords to the facility MAH on file. Facility MAHs must log in to their master account to re-enable or add facility user accounts and grant permissions prior to the start of the February 1, 2019 QDFC/QDFR Preview Period. MAHs must create a separate user account to be able to view DFRs and QDFC data, as their MAH account only manages user accounts and cannot view data.
It is the MAH’s responsibility to update user contact information (including their own), transfer MAH credentials within the facility appropriately, review and enable existing user accounts, and set user-specific permissions. If the master account holder has changed, please notify your Network and also update the contact information on https://www.DialysisData.org to reflect a new contact person for the MAH.
CMS has released the PY2019 ESRD QIP Final PSRs and PSCs, which are now available on EQRS.
The PY 2019 Final PSR provides information on your facility’s performance during 2017 and any payment reduction that CMS will impose for reimbursement on 2019 claims. The Final PSR reflects any applicable revisions applied to your facility’s performance scores during the review and correction period and may differ from those displayed during the Preview Period.
Each facility is required to download, print, and post both the English and Spanish versions of the PSC in a prominent patient area within fifteen (15) business days of their availability; facilities also must ensure that these documents remain posted throughout 2019.
PY2019 Final PSRs and PSCs will only be available on EQRS until summer of 2019, when the PY2020 Preview Period will begin. We encourage each facility to save an electronic copy of its Final PSR and PSC for reference, reprinting, and reposting throughout the year should the need arise. Facilities that do not save a copy can request an additional copy from the QualityNet Helpdesk (see below), but should expect a delay in receiving it.
For further assistance regarding the information contained in this message, please contact the ESRD QIP Support Team using the ESRD QIP Q&A Tool at https://cms-ocsq.custhelp.com/app/homeesrdqip/p/960. If you have questions or concerns regarding use of the ESRD QIP system, please contact the QualityNet Help Desk at email@example.com or 866-288-8912, 5am-5pm PST, M-F.