CROWNWeb has announced that a pdf and recording of the August CROWNWeb Town Hall is now available, at http://mycrownweb.org/events/. The August webinar covered an ESRD Systems Data Accuracy review, and Ultrafiltration. A date has not been announced for a September Town Hall, if there is to be one.
An audio recording and transcript are available for the August 20 Medicare Learning Network Call on the ESRD QIP CY2020 ESRD PPS Proposed Rule. Find them at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/NPC/National-Provider-Calls-and-Events-Items/2019-08-20-ESRD-QIP.html.
CDC’S National Healthcare Safety Network will present an August 13, 2019 webinar on Introduction to the NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Protocol that summarizes the NHSN QIP reporting requirements and process. This webinar will be repeated August 14. A separate webinar on August 20 on Advanced NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Reporting and Introduction to NHSN Reports will include case studies and some of NHSN’s prepared reports that allow you to review your facility’s progress, including the report on BSI. For details and registration see:
- August 13 Introduction, https://cc.readytalk.com/r/skf1elijd2vb&eom.
- August 14 Introduction, https://cc.readytalk.com/r/i0a14pqxbzqb&eom.
- August 20 Advanced, https://cc.readytalk.com/r/wdj06y2808in&eom.
Use the same web pages to join on the day of the webinar. Audio will be available through your computer’s speakers, or by telephone at 303-248-0285, access code 6393927 for all three webinars.
Self-paced interactive online training is also available, at https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/training/dialysis/index.html. For more information on NHSN, see https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/index.html and https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/dialysis/event/index.html.
CMS will present an August 20, 2019 National Provider Call on ESRD QIP: CY 2020 ESRD PPS Proposed Rule. Find more information, slides, and (after the Call) recordings, and register, at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/NPC/National-Provider-Calls-and-Events-Items/2019-08-20-ESRD-QIP.html. The Call will avoid Questions, because they are to be handled through the standard Preview process (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2019/07/22/8-23-py2020-qip-preview-period/).
CMS will publish in the Federal Register on August 6, 2019 a Proposed Rule that includes changes to the CY2020 ESRD PPS, ESRD QIP, AKI payments, and many other details, including adjustments to the PY2022 NHSN and STrR measures, and provisions for new and innovative treatments. The Proposed Rule also includes requests for public comment on the case-mix adjustment model and wage indices. Comments will be due by September 27, 2019. Find:
- A pre-publication version of the Proposed Rule at https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2019-16369.pdf.
- A comprehensive Fact Sheet on it at https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/end-stage-renal-disease-esrd-and-durable-medical-equipment-prosthetics-orthotics-and-supplies-dmepos.
- The Press Release announcing it at https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/new-cms-proposals-strengthen-medicare-unleash-innovation-and-promote-competition-provide-kidney.
The Preview Period for the PY2020 ESRD QIP begins July 22, 2019, and ends August 23, 2019. During this Preview Period facilities are to review their PSR and submit Clarification Questions and/or a Formal Inquiry if their PSR does not appear to meet their needs. Facilities are urged to submit Questions early enough to receive answers before their Formal Inquiry is due (by August 23, 2019).
Each facility’s designated Point of Contact (POC) can log into the QualityNet Secure Portal at https://eidm.cms.gov/EIDMLogin/login?bmctx=8727EC73D09EAFE3069C64044C620D9C&contextType=external&username=string&contextValue=%2Foam&password=secure_string&challenge_url=https%3A%2F%2Feidm.cms.gov%2FEIDMLogin%2Flogin&request_id=-5754072723998271983&authn_try_count=0&locale=en_US&resource_url=%252Fuser%252Floginsso to download their Preview Performance Score Report (PSR), ask Clarification Questions, or send a Formal Inquiry. CMS encourages each dialysis facility to generate and review its Preview PSR during the preview period before this information is made available to the public in December 2019 and payment reductions are finalized.
For more information see:
- QIP Preview general overview: https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier3&cid=1228776130396.
- Additional QIP Resources: https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier2&cid=1228776130562.
- QIP Q&A Tool: https://cms-ocsq.custhelp.com/app/homeesrdqip/p/960.