IHI will present a March 8, 2018 “WIHI” on Mindfulness and Patient Safety. When we’re “mindful” we’re paying attention to what’s happening in the Present Moment instead of reviewing the past or planning the future. Mindfulness is also a powerful stress reduction and self-care technique. Find more information, sample exercises, and relevant links, and register, at http://www.ihi.org/education/AudioVideo/WIHI/mindfulness-and-patient-safety/Pages/default.aspx. Find ten introductory exercises at http://www.ihi.org/communities/blogs/10-mindfulness-exercises-for-the-health-care-workplace.
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is presenting a series of webinars on Pediatric Care…
- January 23, 2018: Addressing the Spiritual Needs of Children Facing Life-Threatening Illness
- February 20, 2018: Difficult Conversations
- March 20, 2018: Increasing Adult-Trained Nurses’ Confidence and Competencies to Care for Children
- May 17, 2018: Concurrent Care
The webinars will be recorded, but CEUs are only available with the live webinars. For more information see http://mailchi.mp/coalitionccc/ped-pain-last-chance-743977.
The Greater Puget Sound Chapter #503 of ANNA will present their 2018 Renal Update February 1-2, 2018 in Lynnwood WA. Topics include incivility, surveys, iatrogenic death, teach-back, calciphylaxis, difficult conversations, passion and compassion, AKI, organ donation, ultrafiltration, lupus, hyponatremia, hyperoxaluria, and the future of dialysis. Registration is online only, and closes on January 29, 2018. Discounts are available until 11:30 pm PST January 10, 2018. For more information see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/ANNA/RenalUpdate2018.pdf.
We’ve published a Patient Bulletin on Dialysis Scheduling, listing typical scheduling difficulty scenarios, and tips for patients and staff on making the process easier. Find it with our other Patient Bulletins at https://www.nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/mon.html .
DPC’s August 17, 2017 webinar on Communicating Effectively With Your Health Care Team has been recorded and can be viewed at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/august , along with the supporting ESRD Network Grievance Toolkit, an ESRD Network Fact Sheet, and the slides from the webinar. Previous DPC webinars can be found at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-seminars .
- Dialysis Patient Citizens’ free monthly educational webinar, to be held August 17, 2017, will be on Communicating Effectively with your Health Care Team. The webinar will be presented by members of the Forum of ESRD Networks’ Kidney Patients Advisory Council. Register at http://www.dpcedcenter.org/education-seminars .
- Kansas City’s Heartland Kidney Network has added another colorful poster on essential elements of communication to their excellent short course called Heartland Huddle Up to Improve Communication. This one is on “What Type of Coach Are You?” It joins earlier pages on active listening, body language, emotional awareness, words matter, shared decision-making, retaliation, and teach-back. Find them all at http://heartlandkidney.org/providers/article/heartland_huddle_up_to_improve_communication .
Dialysis Patient Citizens and the Forum of ESRD Networks will present a webinar on Communicating Effectively with your Healthcare Team August 17, 2017. For information and registration see https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/N/DPCcomm0817.pdf .