The CNSW Northwest Chapter will hold their Spring 2019 Educational Conference in Issaquah WA May 16-17, 2019. Topics include self care, low mood, depression, rage, despair, suicide, and involuntary discharge. Find Conference details and registration by check at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/CNSW/CNSW0519.Brochure.pdf, and registration by credit card at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/CNSW/CNSW0519.Register.pdf. Registration must be postmarked by May 10, 2019.
We’ve established a new form for Network 16 facilities to report Involuntary Discharge or Transfer. Find the form and instructions for using it at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/patient-services/ivd.html.
The Conditions for Coverage (CfC) require all facilities to notify both the Network and your State Survey Agency, within specified time parameters, of all involuntary discharges and transfers. Better yet, if you’re considering an involuntary discharge or transfer, first contact the Network Patient Services Coordinator, Lisa Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-923-0714), to help you negotiate a better outcome.
For Network 18 facilities, see http://www.esrdnetwork18.org/providers/patient-services/.
Check out the Network 18 website for some great information on the Network 18 Grievance Process:
- For Providers, see http://www.esrdnetwork18.org/providers/patient-services/, which includes English and Spanish versions of the Network 18 Grievance Poster, Grievance Brochure, a link to the National Forum of ESRD Networks’ Grievance Toolkit, and a discussion on Preventing and Reducing Involuntary Discharge.
- For Patients and Care Partners, see http://www.esrdnetwork18.org/patients/grievances/, which includes English and Spanish versions of the Network 18 Grievance Poster, Grievance Brochure, and a packet of Patient Grievance Guidelines and Forms; a discussion of patient and Network Roles and Responsibilities; and a list of California state Department of Health Services offices.
Keep in mind that no patient should ever suffer any retaliation for filing a grievance. The Network is here to assist facilities and patients in resolving any concerns that may arise, in a collaborative and positive manner. All facilities are required to:
- Make sure you have the ESRD Network 18 Grievance Poster prominently displayed in your lobby or another area that is accessible to patients and guests, including a Spanish copy of the Poster.
- Ensure that all patients understand how to file a grievance with you, with the Network, and with the State.
You can also print some Brochures and pass them out to patients, or have them available in your lobby.
A recording of the January 9, 2017 Network Council Call has been placed on the Northwest Renal Network website, along with a pdf of the slides from the webinar. The call described the current Network contract structure and obligations, with emphasis on this year’s Quality Improvement Activities and CROWNWeb requirements and protocols. Find the recording at https://healthinsight.adobeconnect.com/p6sn4hjkmow/?proto=true and the slides at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/qia/2017/2017NW16NetworkCouncilPresentationFinal.pdf .
We’ve placed the September 2016 issue of Network Consumer News, the Northwest Renal Network patient newsletter, on the Network 16 website at https://nwrn.org/patients-a-family/ptedres/ncn.html . This issue covers access to care, involuntary discharge, and Network 16’s grievance process. This month we’ve included a Spanish edition, a large-print version, a feedback form, and a flyer about the September 23-25, 2016 AAKP National Patient Meeting in Nashville.
For more information on the following details about the AAKP Meeting, see https://www.aakp.org/images/downloads/AAKP_ConvBroch_2016_online.pdf
- AAKP is partnering with the Living Kidney Donor Network to present a free September 22, 2016 workshop on Having Your Donor Find You
- To arrange for dialysis while in Nashville, schedule it by August 31, 2016
- To receive conference rates at the AAKP Meeting hotel, you must reserve your accommodations by August 31, 2016
- To receive discounted airfare from Southwest Airlines, make reservations by September 7, 2016
- Continuing Education credits are available for RNs, MSWs, and RDs
The December edition of the Network’s facility newsletter, Network 16 News, has been published and distributed. You can find a copy online at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html. This issue features an article on Network 16’s merger with the HealthInsight Quality Improvement Organization to form the HealthInsight ESRD Alliance, and the subsequent granting to the Alliance of new five-year contracts for the five traditional Network 16 states, and for Network 18’s Southern California service area.
It also includes notes on reporting requirements for Involuntary Discharge, and on PSC availability, and announcement of four continuing education opportunities:
- ANNA Update, January 28-29, 2016 in Lynnwood WA (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/anna-renal-update-128-2916-in-lynnwood-wa/)
- Annual Dialysis Conference, February 27-March 1, 2016 in Seattle (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/adc-abstract-deadline-105/)
- Northwest Renal Dietitians Annual Conference, March 3-4, 2016 in Troutdale OR (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/1231-stipend-deadline-for-dietititans-conference-33-416-in-troutdale-or/)
- NKF Spring Clinical Meetings, April 27-May 1, 2016 in Boston MA (see https://nwrnbulletins.wordpress.com/2015/10/24/nkf-spring-meeting-registration-now-open/)
We’ve posted a copy of the April Network 16 News provider newsletter to our website at https://www.nwrn.org/providers-and-professional-staff/nw16n.html . It contains articles on…
- The “Lixelle Column,” which is used during hemodialysis to remove a toxic molecule that dialysis misses; for more details see http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/DeviceApprovalsandClearances/Recently-ApprovedDevices/ucm439036.htm
- The Network’s Network Consumer News patient newsletter
- CROWNWeb deadlines, including April 30 for February 2015 clinical data
and short notes on…
- Involuntary Discharge
- The May 6 CNSW meeting in Tualatin OR
- The September 25-27 AAKP National Patient Meeting in Nashville TN
- A Save-the-Date notice for the October 25 Network Annual Provider Meeting
To keep track of meetings and deadlines for facility staff and patients, monitor our Facility Calendar and Patient Calendar via the links at the top of this page.