March is National Kidney Month, and its second Thursday – March 14 in 2019 – celebrates World Kidney Day. This year’s theme is Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere. Sources for more information and display materials include:
- World Kidney Day – https://www.worldkidneyday.org/
- NIDDK – https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/communication-programs/nkdep/get-involved/national-kidney-month
- NKDEP – https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/communication-programs/nkdep
- NKF – https://www.kidney.org/news/monthly/Focus_KidneyMonth
- PKD Foundation’s Four Challenges – https://connect.pkdcure.org/pkdchallenge2019/
DID YOU KNOW?
Each year, kidney disease kills more people than breast or prostate cancer.
Help raise awareness of chronic kidney disease. Wear ORANGE on March 14th!
March is National Kidney Month! CMS and the ESRD Program invite you to be a part of a national campaign focusing on kidney health. To show your support, consider one of the following activities on March 14th (World Kidney Day):
- Wear an orange shirt, pants, dress, shoes, hair, etc. (be creative)
- Take a selfie or have someone take a picture of you in your orange gear
- Share information on your Twitter account about why all Americans should ask their doctors for a kidney checkup; Use #NationalKidneyMonth #Medicare
- Post your picture and short statement to your Facebook page; Make your post public and use #NationalKidneyMonth #Medicare
- Have fun with your posts
Show that you care! Share your National Kidney Month pictures on March 14th.