The Portland Kidney Support Group invites patients and their care partners to a 10:00-11:30am meeting on September 27, 2018 in the conference room at FKC Scholls Ferry Dialysis Clinic, 10300 SW Nimbus Ave P-A, Tigard OR 97223. Kidney friendly refreshments will be provided. RSVP to Yasuyo at 503-443-4909, as space is limited. Topics will include Feeling your best; making the most of your dialysis treatment by Dr. Gurvinder Suri, MD and Ideas for high protein snacks by Claudia Kreft, RD.
Donate Life Northwest is dedicated to helping transplant candidates maintain hope while waiting for an available matching kidney. They offer training to volunteers for various situations. Their upcoming training, volunteering, and celebration schedule includes:
- August 14, 2018 – School Speaker training in Portland OR
- August 15, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Bend OR
- August 16, 2018 – School Speaker training in Portland OR
- September 4, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Portland OR
- September 8, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Vancouver WA
- September 8, 2018 – Donor Family Picnic in Salem OR
- September 13, 2018 – School Speaker training in Eugene OR
- September 13, 2018 – Volunteer Orientation in Eugene OR
- September 16, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Portland OR
- September 23, 2018 – Volunteer Opportunity in Portland OR
- November 7, 2018 – Lifesavers Breakfast
For more details, see https://mailchi.mp/donatelifenw.org/sharing-hope-this-summer. This web page also introduces their new Latino Outreach Coordinator, Donor stories in English and Spanish, winners of their recent raffle, and information on including Donate Life Northwest in your estate, insurance, or financial plans.
The Portland Kidney Group has published the poster for their August 26, 2018 NKF-PKG Kidney Wellness Fair & Community Picnic in Portland; RSVP by August 20. They’ve also updated their 2018 calendar to include two new patient support groups, September 5, 2018 in Tigard OR, and October 3 in Clackamas OR, in addition to their November 11 Ninth Anniversary Holiday Gathering in Portland. Find the revised calendar at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/P/PKG/PKGcal2018.pdf, and the new poster for the August 26 Fair and Picnic at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/P/PKG/PKGpic2018.pdf. They don’t mention the August 20, 2018 RSVP-by date on the poster, but they have in earlier announcements, so to play it safe you may want to call in before August 20.
This year’s topic for the Renal Support Network’s Annual Essay Contest, for people diagnosed with CKD, is Who Inspires, Encourages, or Educates You to Live Well with Kidney Disease? First prize is $500. Winning entries are published in print and online. Essays must be submitted by August 10, 2018. For full information and to enter the contest, see http://www.rsnhope.org/essay-contest/.
The Tacoma Dialysis Support Group will meet on April 8, 2018, and the second Sunday of every month thereafter. For details see below.
PKG and NKF have announced the Portland Kidney Group patient support schedule for 2018. The next event will be their Kidney Wellness Fair & Community Picnic on August 26 in Portland. RSVP by August 20, 2016. See below for details on this and their November 11, 2018 Ninth Anniversary Holiday Gathering.
Donate Life Northwest reminds us that April is National Donate Life Month – see https://www.donatelife.net/ndlm/ for details and resources.
They’ve also announced many new volunteer training sessions and other community events:
- March 14, 2018 – Donate Life 101 and 301 in La Grande OR
- March 19, 2018 – New Ambassador Orientation, Portland OR
- April 11, 2018 – Happy Hour, Medford OR
- April 12, 2018 – Donate Life 101 and 301 in Medford OR
- April 13-14, 2018 – Pear Blossom Festival Parade, Medford OR
- April 15, 2018 – Quilt Unveiling, Medford OR
- April 22, 2018 – Quilt Unveiling, Portland OR
- May 7, 2018 – New Ambassador Orientation, Portland OR
- May 26, 2018 – Tabor Trot run/walk, Portland OR
Find more information about any of these at https://www.donatelifenw.org/news-and-events/calendar, along with more information about previously announced trainings in Portland March 18, March 25, and April 1, 2018, and the previously announced Trailblazers basketball game group tickets on March 30, 2018 (see also the Patient Calendar above).