The Advanced Renal Education Center offers an extensive list of recorded online courses on kidney health and treatments, some of which are also offered in Spanish, and some of which are also offered for continuing education credits. They have scheduled Spanish-language online continuing-education webinars on Fundamentals of PD for March 22, 2019 and on Peritonitis in PD for March 28, 2019. See https://www.advancedrenaleducation.com/elearning/all for details. The Advanced Renal Education Center is created and maintained by Fresenius, but their courses are open to everyone.
UC Irvine Health will present a free March 16, 2019 World Kidney Day symposium in Orange, CA on Kidney health, featuring leading experts in Nephrology, Urology, Transplant, and Nutrition. Patients, providers, and community members are all invited to enjoy a day of education, health screenings, refreshments, and live entertainment. For details see https://twitter.com/IFKF_/status/1103801441846587392 and https://www.facebook.com/events/638668909886763/?notif_t=event_invite_reminder¬if_id=1551199891724380.
As we all know, many patients crash into dialysis. This leaves them feeling poorly with no time to really learn about modality options or all the other choices that they have for optimal care that fits them best. We want patients to know that they have choices and we want to help direct them to where they can find information or tools to help them make informed decisions regarding their dialysis care.
We are kicking off the It’s Your Choice Campaign. We will be sending you various patient focused resources to distribute. You can be creative in the distribution. One month you can just print and hand them out to your patients. Maybe the next month, you have it printed poster size and post it by the scale, depending on the resource. It’s your choice!
We also would encourage you to let us know if you have a patient resource that has been particularly helpful in supporting optimal kidney care. We would love to add it to our library. In the future we plan to have a whole webpage dedicated to It’s Your Choice with a variety of resources for dialysis and CKD patients, including flyers, brochures, posters and maybe even a podcast with timely information.
CDC will present a March 14, 2019 World Kidney Day webinar on Incident Vascular Access and Risk of Bloodstream Infection Among New ESRD Patients Receiving Hemodialysis, followed by a conversation about achieving optimal vascular access for patient safety. CME, CNE, CEU, CECH, CPE, and CPH continuing education credits are available. Find more information and register at https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=f8wbng3dtcpm&campaign=vq0d1qix86ac.
CROWNWeb has published their March Newsletter, featuring articles and announcements on:
- The February Town Hall, which covered Q&A about the ESRD Networks; see http://mycrownweb.org/events/ for recordings
- The February 2744 training, which was recorded; see http://mycrownweb.org/education_/crownweb-training-videos/
- A Clinical FAQ on HBV
- Many useful links to other CROWNWeb and ESRD resources
- A March 12, 2019 New User Training; see http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/march-2019-crownweb-new-user-training/ for details and registration
- A March 28, 2019 CROWNWeb Town Hall
Find the Newsletter at http://mycrownweb.org/2019/03/march-2019-newsletter/.
March is National Kidney Month, and its second Thursday – March 14 in 2019 – celebrates World Kidney Day. This year’s theme is Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere. Sources for more information and display materials include:
- World Kidney Day – https://www.worldkidneyday.org/
- NIDDK – https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/communication-programs/nkdep/get-involved/national-kidney-month
- NKDEP – https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/communication-programs/nkdep
- NKF – https://www.kidney.org/news/monthly/Focus_KidneyMonth
- PKD Foundation’s Four Challenges – https://connect.pkdcure.org/pkdchallenge2019/
DID YOU KNOW?
Each year, kidney disease kills more people than breast or prostate cancer.
Help raise awareness of chronic kidney disease. Wear ORANGE on March 14th!
March is National Kidney Month! CMS and the ESRD Program invite you to be a part of a national campaign focusing on kidney health. To show your support, consider one of the following activities on March 14th (World Kidney Day):
- Wear an orange shirt, pants, dress, shoes, hair, etc. (be creative)
- Take a selfie or have someone take a picture of you in your orange gear
- Share information on your Twitter account about why all Americans should ask their doctors for a kidney checkup; Use #NationalKidneyMonth #Medicare
- Post your picture and short statement to your Facebook page; Make your post public and use #NationalKidneyMonth #Medicare
- Have fun with your posts
Show that you care! Share your National Kidney Month pictures on March 14th.
We’ve added a section to the Patient Services pages of our websites on Developing an Anonymous Grievance Process at Your Facility. Find the new sections at:
- Network 16: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/nwrn.org/files/P/NW+16+ANONYMOUS+Grievance+Process.pdf
- Network 18: http://www.esrdnetwork18.org/wp-content/uploads/NW-18-ANONYMOUS-Grievance-Process.pdf
Find the overview Patient Services pages for each Network at: